Chapter 51 - A Letter from A Father

A/N: Double update.
This is the second update today. Read Chapter 50 first, if you haven't.

Prepare a box of tissues when you read this chapter.

------------------------------

(Wayo's POV)

We finish our dinner quickly. P'Pha and I leave the restaurant earlier than the others to go back to the dorms. Driving his car, P'Pha tries to calm me down along the way.

"What does he mean there's something from my parents? P'Pha, drive faster." I tell P'Pha while looking out the window, biting my thumb.

"But I am already driving as fast as..."

"Drive faster, P'Pha." I cut him off.

It takes quite a while to get to the dorms because the restaurant was far away from the university area. As soon as we reach the dorm of faculty of arts, I get out of the car and fly to my room. I am sure P'Pha will also want to go there but I can't wait for him to park the car, turn off the engine, and other stuff.

When I finally arrive in front of my room, I suddenly stop. Standing in front of the door, nervousness starts taking over me. This is not going to be a funny joke if there is nothing inside my room.

I keep standing there without no courage to open my own door.

P'Pha is now here standing next to me. "What's wrong?"

"I can't open it, P'Pha. I am..."

He reaches out his hand to me, asking for my room key. "Then I will open it for you."

I give him my key and he unlocks the door easily as if he is not nervous at all. It will take me more than just a cool mind to be able to open my door at this moment. Do you know how it feels to look at the announcement board so you can know your scores on the exam? You know that the scores are there, but you are afraid to look at it. But, it's even more than that right now in this situation. I just can't walk into my room like how I usually do.

P'Pha nonchalantly goes inside my room. "Is it your birthday today, nong Yo? Why didn't you tell me?"

I walk into my room while asking him. "What are you talking about? I have told you that my birthday is still... what is this?"

The lights are dimmed and there are candles everywhere. It's beautifully decorated and I almost think that I am inside the wrong room.

There are so many gift boxes and there is even a cake on my table. There are also decorations on the wall and everything is in blue color. Well, blue is my favorite for sure but the only ones who know about my favorite color are P'Pha and Ming. "P'Pha, is this a prank from you?"

"What? Nooo... why are you giving me that look, nong Yo?" He whines.

"Then who did this? These gifts are..." I suddenly stop talking when I open one gift box.

It's those toys.

The toys that I saw that time.

The first time I went to the chancellor's office to get the recommendation letter, I remember seeing Mr. Panitchayasawad happily walking to his office while bringing a shopping bag. These toys were in that bag. I remember clearly. These are the toys from that time.

I look around and notice a letter on the table. The cake is blue, gift boxes are blue, and even the envelope of the letter is blue. While I try to open the envelope, P'Pha walks around my room and opens the gift boxes one by one.