Chapter 27 - Misunderstandings

A/N: Hello, I love reading your comments so feel free to leave them here~
Enjoy the chapter! Hehe.

------------------------------

(Wayo's POV)

The registration for Wizards Rumble is now open. Students from all universities in the neutral lands are going to do their best to be chosen as the delegates from their university. Each university will send two delegates. It doesn't matter if they are freshman, junior, senior, or sophomore students.

To be a delegate, a student will have to challenge one of the delegates from last year. Meaning, if a student from our university wants to be the next delegate, they should challenge either P'Forth or P'Pha. The delegates from last year can choose to not accept challenges and use recommendation instead. They can recommend someone to be the next delegate, or they can join the tournament again themselves.

Ming has been trying to challenge P'Forth but he says to Ming that he is not in the mood to take challenges at the moment.

It's been two days after that stormy night. P'Forth seems to talk to me differently now. He is still nice, but the way he looks at me is kind of different. He would look at me like I was a girl before, but now he looks at me like I am his little brother. I feel kind of relieved for that somehow. But, he looks sad for some reason. Ummm.. no. I guess he looks troubled? I don't know.

I believe something is bothering him and it makes him lose the mood to take challenges from the students from our university. Well, I can't blame him. I believe everyone has some things that will ruin their day. 

For me, it's my element. I really want to know more about it. I have been trying to look into it, but the books in the library have nothing about light magic at all. Even the history books don't have it. As if, it's been erased by someone.

I heave a sigh with a palm on my cheek. Everything seems to be messed up lately. It's not just me, Ming also heaves a sigh at the same time as I do. We are currently at my faculty's canteen, eating lunch.

Fairy witches are here too. But, they are surely here not for lunch. They just keep staring at Ming, not eating anything at all. Actually, they want to sit next to Ming but the seats are occupied already.

I am sitting on the left side of Ming, while Bastet is sitting on his right side.

E'Montry seems to be annoyed at Bastet, because she always hisses at him whenever he tries to get close to Ming. E'Montry glares at Bastet and says, "If that cat wasn't there, I could have had a chance to cling onto my hubby Ming."

Then, Bastet hisses at him again.

The other witches are not any different, trying to shoo the cat away but they don't succeed. I also think Bastet is quite scary right now. She doesn't act like that to me and Ming at all. I mean, she does hiss at us but not like how she does to these witches.

"Are you going to visit P'Pha today too?" Ming asks me as he sips on his drink.

I am eating right now but I also need to answer him, so I reply to him while chewing on my food. My voice is muffled as I say, "Owf couwse. I havw prwmised hwim. I shwould gwo." 

Ming shakes his head at me while saying, "Asshole, don't talk and eat at the same time."

"The fwood is gwood. I havw to--"

"Stop talking and eating at the same time!!"

Everyone at the table laughs because of us. It's another usual lively lunch. Ming always comes here for lunch and we always have something to laugh for. I told P'Pha about this yesterday and he said he's going to do the same thing. P'Pha says he will come to my faculty for lunch after he can take off the bandages.