Chapter 20 - Punishment

(Phana's POV)

I am done getting ready for college. I wear a white shirt, black pants, and my bag is ready. When I am about to open my door, I know that I am not going to be able to go to classes anytime soon. I feel presence, two people behind me.

"I guess the clan master is looking for me?" I say without turning around.

Dark energy spreads around the room, they are the ones who do it. I am pretty sure they don't want anyone outside the room to hear our conversation.

"Phana Kongthanin. You sure know what you did yesterday." A familiar voice says to me.

I turn around, looking at two people in a purple garb. Two guys, both have dark weapons on their hands. A magic circle is right behind them, the one that they will tell me to step into.

The other guy points his weapon at me. "You have violated the rules. You have exposed the existence of our clan. You shall come with us."

"Don't point your weapons at me. I can kill you two easily if I want to. There is no need to tell me what to do. I'll go to the clan master using my own magic circle."

"You better do that now. We will stand here and watch where you're going."

Sigh. So troublesome. "Here, I open the gate to dark territory." My magic circle appears in front of me, shining in purple color. I step on my magic circle, as I see those guys step on their own.

The moment I arrive at Erebus Clan's territory, all eyes are looking at me. Right now, I am in the chamber of the clan master.

I sit on one knee, bowing to the clan master. "I have arrived, clan ma--" Before I can finish my sentence, a dark knife is thrown and stabbed into my right shoulder. It's bleeding, but I deserve this. I grit my teeth to hold the pain.

"Your life isn't even worth the name of our clan. Yet, you showed Thanatos in front of hundred lives. We have so many things to talk about, so I am not going to kill you yet. Speak the truth." If glares could kill, I am pretty sure I'd be dead already. The clan master is looking at me with disgust.

The other clan members are standing on the corners of the chamber. I enchant the spell in my head to track the members around. Thankfully, my parents aren't here to see me in this situation.

"I have to summon Thanatos to find Park. He used dark magic to conceal his presence, so he could abuse my friend."

"PHANA KONGTHANIN!" He shouts at me, making me close my eyes in hope I don't need to see that glare of his. "Such a reason. Have you forgotten why our clan has been hiding?"

"No. Clan master. I have not forgotten. We have been hiding to make the last descendant of Aether think that it is safe to use their magic in public. We are hiding to make people think we have ceased to exist."

"Now that our existence has been found out, tell me how it's not going to ruin our plan."

"Sir. I beg to give my opinion. We are not even sure that the last descendant really exists. We--" I try to make the clan master think again about the plan but he cuts me off by laughing.

"HAHAHA. You are too young and uninformed." He stands then commands the guards, "Get out of the chamber, all of you!"

Now, there is only the clan master and me. I believe it's such a secret information if he even needs the guards to get out.

He sits again then continues talking, "We almost gave up on searching for the last descendant. But, we have gained enough proof to believe that they do exist. A few months ago, Aether came down to Earth."