Chapter 5 - Moving to Neutral Lands

A/N: Here is a spoiler. There is a new character coming in the next chapter, who is it?

------------------------------

(Ming's POV)

No matter how many times I call his name, he is not answering. We're going to get late! We are supposed to leave for neutral lands in half an hour but he is still sleeping in his room. He is forcing himself to overcome his fear by staying alone.

Since last week, he would lock his door so no one would come for him when he got scared. I don't know why he had to do this far. He is really determined that he wants to get rid of his phobia. Every time he gets anxious because of rainy night, all I can do is remember what my parents told me. About how he was lying on the ground in front of the house, alone in the dark when it was raining. I bet when he was a baby, it was really scary for him to the point it became his phobia until now.

"ASSHOLE YO, WAKE UP!!" I bang on the door.

"Noisy.... I am awake!!!" He whines then yells.

Well, at least he is still alive hahaha. I am already dressed up and ready to go, but I guess I'll have to wait for a few minutes for him to actually wake up, then another few minutes for him to shower, and then finally another few minutes for him to choose his clothes. Damn it.

"Yo, I'll wait in my room. WAKE UP!"

"I AM AWAKE!" He yells.

I can't believe how scary he can get at me. He doesn't hold back at all, he will actually yell at me and call me an asshole. Well, I call him asshole too anyway. He is really shy when it is the time to talk with strangers, but he is such a cheerful and playful kid around our parents and me. I don't know if I should feel happy about that. But, I can't blame him, usually those strangers are naughty people who are perverted.

I walk to my room to wait for him, while I put my stuff on the vehicle. We are not going to go there with my magic, because there is a strict regulation about the use of magic in neutral lands. I don't want to get any trouble even before the school starts so I already bought a car. Well, our parents bought the car. Yo can't even ride a bike, let alone driving a car. It's fine though, I can drive so we won't have any problem to go anywhere in the neutral lands.

"Ming, are you there?"

My mom uses a mind link, more known as telepathy to talk to me. This is one of the high leveled neutral spells and I can do it too because I have quite a big amount of mana. The distance is limited though. There is no way people can use telepathy from far away.

"What is it, mom?"

"How is your brother today?"

"He locked the door today too. He said he's awake and I am waiting for him. Are you going to see us off, mom?"

"Of course, honey. Your dad will be there too. We'll get this done quickly."

"Okay, mom."

The link has been deactivated. My parents are currently attending a clan meeting about something. It's a secret even to me and Yo. I guess it's one of adult thingy. I don't care.

Going to neutral lands was originally my idea. I really want to join Wizards Rumble somehow, to prove that our clan is strong. As the son of the clan master, I have that much of a responsibility even though no one tells me so.

Yo then decided to come along, without any hesitation. I think it's quite a good thing because he'll meet other elemental casters if he goes to neutral lands. I hope they can somehow trigger Yo to awaken his elemental powers. Even though when that time comes, I don't know what I should do and what I should tell Yo.

(Wayo's POV)

I need a few minutes to adjust to my surroundings. I guess I have gotten a little bit better in fighting my fear. I could get some sleep. Haha. Haha. Haha.

Who am I kidding? I am still scared to sleep alone, to the point I was able to sleep when I was too tired to stay awake last night. I walk to the bathroom to take a shower then stop moving when I pass a mirror. I turn my body around to look at my reflection. Have I finally turned into a demi-panda? I have dark circles around my eyes, damn. But, it'll disappear soon. It's always like that.

I have a really bright skin complexion so dark circles are significant to see. But, I guess I have a good metabolism that reduce those circles after I get enough rest.

Taking my time in the shower, I sing and hum as I wash my body. I also take a few minutes to dry my hair then sing again as I put on some clothes. When I am finally ready to go, I open the door and see Ming glaring at me.

"Umm.. good morning?" I get smacked on the head.

"Good morning, my ass! This is already noon! Such a sleepyhead!"

"Come on, it's not a big deal..." I pout and look down.

"Sigh... let's get you something to eat first, it'll take hours to get to neutral lands by car."

"Why can't we use your magic to get to the border first?"

"I want to get used to driving. You can't drive so you have no right to complain, asshole."

"Shut up and stop calling me asshole, asshole Ming." I get smacked on the head again.

He tries to bring my stuff to the car but I tell him I can do that myself. After we get everything ready, we wait for our parents as we talk to the clan members.

The aunties who work in the dining hall are crying, saying that no one would finish all the food anymore. I am not a glutton, okay! Why does everyone act as if I am the only one who will finish the food? They laugh after I whine about it.

Umm.. even the young guys from our clan start crying. Why is everyone so dramatic? It's not like we are going away and not coming back. They can visit us there anyway. Some guys even try to hug me but get thrown away by Ming's magic. He makes them fly backwards with his earth magic. This is already a common sight in our territory, no one holds a grudge against Ming because we are just playing around. They sometimes also throw some magic at Ming, though Ming is way stronger and can beat them easily.

"W-Woah!" I am startled when someone wraps their arms around my waist from behind.

"Why so surprised?"

"M-Mom!"

"Didn't you notice us flying?"

"They were having fun, dear. I bet they didn't notice."

The clan members bow a little bit to our parents. There are some other clan members landing on the ground. These people are the higher-ups in our clan, they look scary.

We talk to everyone in the area before going to the neutral lands. I am quite sad that we're going to be apart from our parents but this is just another step that I need to take to become more mature. This will be a good chance for me to start depending on myself. I should stop crying.

My parents and all the clan members combined their mana together, raising soil up high in the air then shape it into our names. With a 'good luck' written below them.

Ming and I get into the car, waving our hands to our big family then start heading to the neutral lands.