Chapter 7 - Fairy Witches

A/N: Someone we have been waiting for will finally makes his appearance in the next chapter. Yes, Phana is on his way.

------------------------------

(Wayo's POV)

Even though elemental magic is prohibited here, I can definitely tell that these people are so different to us without having to see their magic. I don't know how to say it, there is something different from their clothes and stuff. Or am I just imagining things? Anyway!

"What is this drink, Ming? It's kind of too sweet but addicting."

"I am pretty sure the shop named it pink milk."

"Why aren't you finishing yours?"

"It's too sweet for me. My teeth hurt drinking it. You want it?"

"Of course! Give it to me."

Now, I am holding two large cups of iced pink milk. I know this drink tastes way too sweet but somehow I am enjoying it. I think I have sweet tooth. We eat a lot of street food afterwards and they are so tasty. We visit a magic shop to buy some necessary things for Ming. He is already preparing himself for the upcoming Wizards Rumble.

The tournament is not anytime soon, but he already wants to prepare himself. He is so determined about this. He buys a magic wand, a magic vest, and some other things. Magic wands are not necessary to use spells, but they are necessary to reduce your power. It's like an adapter that will make the magic harmless to humans.

This is one of the rules in Wizards Rumble. All casters and witches who want to participate will have to prepare themselves a wand and a vest. Although this tournament is about fighting each other with magic, it doesn't necessarily mean that students have to hurt each other. Ming definitely needs a magic wand for the tournament so he won't kill anyone with his magic haha.

Magic wands are actually used for daily life by witches. This is because the wand helps reduce the usage of mana. Meaning, there will be less risks when witches use magic with it. I don't know what those risks are because no one has ever told me and I have never broken my promise not to use magic before my elemental powers are awakened.

We spend the rest of the evening going to a lot of places in the city. I am more excited than Ming is, because currently we are in a book store! Ming doesn't like reading books so he just tag along without any happiness in his eyes. There are some good comic books here! I end up buying more than... 30 volumes.

It is kind of weird that Ming doesn't nag about this. He usually nags about how many volumes I buy and tells me to put them back to the shelves. Well, it's good that I can buy these many volumes. I can spend my time reading these if I can't sleep at night.

We also stop by a convenience store to buy some snacks. There is only healthy food around the campus, we need some chips and other yummy (unhealthy) food. We are buying so many things right now. But thanks to a magic pocket that Ming bought from the magic shop, we can put all of them in an alternate dimension.

All magic items require mana to be used, so it's only Ming who bought them. I don't mind anyway. Even if magic is convenient, I feel like I am enjoying my life even without being able to use magic for myself. Ming is right, I think I have been overthinking about being a non-magi. I have to start accepting myself. I don't plan to become a witch just to fulfill my desire for magic. My parents say it'll get dangerous if a non-magi uses too much mana without elemental powers.

Before it gets any darker, we decide to go back to the dorms. It is around 7 PM now, so we will arrive at the dorms at around 8 PM. Ming drives me to my dorm first, and he doesn't forget what he promised me last week.

"Here, I open the gate to Valhalla. Thou art to obey the words of your summoner. I summon thee: Mauthe!"

We are in front of my dorm, and Ming is currently summoning a big fluffy demon dog to accompany me in my room. Mauthe is a ghostly dog and might look scary. But he is actually really nice and a very loyal demon dog. He has black fluffy fur and red eyes. I am not scared of him, because after he sees me, he changes the color of his eyes into a bright golden color which is really beautiful.

"Nice to meet you, Mauthe~" I pat his head gently.

Mauthe is as tall as me. I am not short, okay! I am 178cm and I believe I can call myself tall! It's just, Ming and P'Forth are just taller than me. I feel like a little kid when I stand beside them.

After talking with Ming through telepathy, Mauthe links his mind to mine.

"Nice to meet you, master Yo. I shall protect you with my life."

"Umm... you don't need to be that serious. I just need you to be with me when I sleep."

"Very well. I, Mauthe of the Peel Castle, shall protect you with my life when you sleep."

This demon dog is not listening to me at all. Ming just chuckles hearing how serious Mauthe is about his duty. He takes out my comic books from his magic pocket then gives them to Mauthe. Mauthe is holding a big bag with his mouth now, it's kind of cute seeing this haha.

"I will go back then, Yo. Just use Mauthe as your pillow or something."

"Very well, master. I shall protect master Yo as his pillow."

"Do you need something else?"

"Just go back to your dorm already, hahaha. I'll be fine, Ming."

After giving me a kiss on the cheek, Ming gets into the car and starts driving to his own dorm. I can hear some people gasp when they see Ming kissing my cheek. Is it not normal here for brothers to kiss on the cheeks? My parents also kiss my cheeks a lot. We would never kiss on the lips anyway, because kissing on the lips are only for lovers. So, I don't get why these people are walking to me while covering their mouth as if they just witnessed something awesome.

"Is that your boyfriend? OMG his car is luxurious and he is drop dead gorgeous! Where did you meet him? Tell us, we need to find someone like him!"

Umm... who are they? It is really strange that I am not scared of them. Is it because they are not giving me the stares that guys usually give me? I don't know who they are, but I believe they are from the same faculty as me because it is late at night and they are at this dorm around this hour in pajamas. I see each of them holding a wand, I guess they are witches. I am not in a position to judge anyone though, people are free to choose their path. If these people choose to use magic despite the fact they are non-magis like me, I won't judge because even I want to use magic one day.

"He's my twin brother... he is not my boyfriend..." I finally answer his question.

"Being shy like this is definitely a bad acting. Saying no but acting shy? You are sly, aren't you? Hohohoho~"

"Shhh! E'Dragon! Your mouth is as big as your body! Look, he is uncomfortable because of your stinky mouth."

"Well, I am just saying facts, E'Montry."

E'? Isn't that how girls address each other? But they are guys...

"Hey, are you listening? What is your name? I'm Flamingo."

"And I am the fabulous Swallow." He flips his hair.

"Umm... hello, my name... ahem. Sorry, I just get too shy when strangers talk to me. I will try my best not be shy."

"Awww, aren't you a cutie. Your boyfriend is definitely lucky." The one named Montry says to me.

"He is not my boyfriend!! Hahahaha. Stop. It is giving me goosebumps just imagining it."

"Then who is he?" E'Swallow asks to me.

"He is my twin brother." I say to them with an indifferent face.

"SAY WHAT?!!" All of them scream.

They then tell me about the most obvious thing everyone always tells me. We don't look alike, yeah. But right when I thought that was it, they asked me to introduce Ming to them. They kept bugging me until I reached my room. When I told them I'd ask him to come over, they stopped bothering me. I guess they are not bad people, after all.

But, why do I feel that Ming is going to get doomed when he meets these people?