Chapter 8 - Casanova

(Wayo's POV)

It turns out those witches are my neighbors. They are really friendly and funny, I wonder if they will consider me as their friend. After I told them that I'd ask Ming to come over and introduce him to them, they went into their room and I walked into my own. Mauthe positioned himself on the bed, rolling his body and let his belly be my pillow. I remember that Mauthe used his tail to caress my hair as I fell asleep. I felt really comfortable.

When I wake up, Mauthe is already gone. I guess he really went back to his world after I fell asleep. It was great to have company, I had a nice sleep without any bad dreams. Today is the first day of the orientation week. We will take a tour around the university and visit each faculty to know the area better. I look at the clock and it's still around 6 AM. I am pretty sure that the freshmen students are going to assemble at 7 AM at their respective faculty. I can't go back to sleep, because I will definitely be late if I do.

I decide to take a shower and then change into my new clothes. There is no restriction about uniform for freshmen students, so I wear what my parent have bought me. They said I should wear this so I can get friends. How come wearing pink clothes will help me make friends? I don't get it. I wear them anyway.

I take a look at the clock again and it's 6:30 AM. I really want to go now. Being a little bit early won't hurt right? I put on my glasses then walk out of my room. Actually, these glasses are fake. Ming told me to wear this since I was in elementary school. He said that wearing them will help me hide my face so I won't get the stares from guys. These are round glasses with thin frame, I don't know how it'll hide my face. I can't use magic anyway, so I can't make it work if this is a magic item.

When I reach the dorm entrance, I see those witches that I met last night. I remember their names. I greet them as I walk to them. They seem to call themselves with E', so I will call them with that.

"Morning, E'Montry, E'Dragon, E'Flamingo, E'--"

"Stop, bitch, stop. You don't need to mention our names one by one."

"Okay, E'Montry."

"Are you trying to look nerdy? That doesn't suit you, E'Yo." What? E'Yo? Oh well.

"My brother told me to wear them. These are fake though."

"What a brother you have there, poor you. Give him to us if you don't want him."

"Hahaha, I'd love to give him to you guys. Take him, please."

We talk and joke about Ming as we walk to our faculty. When we reach the faculty of medicine, they whine that they can't walk anymore. Now I know why they weren't using their magic to fly, they were trying to accompany me. They are nice people, I knew it.

I believe they notice that I am a non-magi, but they don't say anything about it and they don't tease me about it. In neutral lands, it's rude to ask people about their magic. That is why people here rarely talk about their elemental powers nor show them off. Though some people proudly announce their element to others.

I tell them to go first, because I don't want to burden them. Using their wands, they cast a levitation spell on their feet then start flying towards the faculty of arts. I continue walking but then three people stand in front of me. A girl and two guys. The one in the middle looks like their leader, because the girl and the other guy stand behind him.

"What do we have here? A cutie freshmen student."

He smirks at me then puts his hand on my chin, raising up my head and taking a look at my face. He compliments my looks and won't stop staring at me. He is handsome, like really handsome, but I don't know why he is doing this to a guy like me. There is a girl over there and he should be complimenting her instead, because she is pretty.

"Get off me, please."

I gently push away his hand off my face, then I look down. I try to walk away from them but he stands in front of me again and again.

"I don't know what you are seeing in this boy, Pha. He looks like a kid, not attractive at all."

"Which is why he is interesting, Pring. Something is telling me that there is more than what meets the eye."

"Please let me go, P'. I am going to be late..."

"Which faculty are you from?" The guy behind the leader asks me.

"Faculty of arts..."

"I see, we are in the same faculty then. I can't promise that I won't touch him, Pha."

"Don't you dare, Park. If any of you dare touch my prey, you are going to meet your death."

The girl looks annoyed then leaves the area. The one named Park also leaves, he heads towards the faculty of arts. But... this guy is still standing in front of me.

"Shorty, what are you hiding? I can't help but think there is something about you."

"I am not short! Move, or I'll punch you."

Hm? This is weird. I don't feel shy or anything, I just feel pissed off because he calls me shorty. I guess this is the kind of guy Ming told me to stay away from. Flirty guys who look like freaks. Well, he doesn't look like a common freak because he is freaking handsome. Why am I complimenting his looks? I have to get going.

"Oh really? Punch me, then. Here."

"Sigh... I won't punch you, P'. Move."

I try to push him away but then he wraps his arm around my waist and pulls me close to him. He leans his face to mine, making my heart beat faster because he's too close! I bet he is a casanova. A womanizer. Definitely, but wait I am not a woman!

"Hey, let me go, P'."

"I can't seem to shake it off. There is something interesting about you. What is your name?"

"I am not telling you, let me go!"

Smack!

Someone hits the guy on his back when I am about to hit him. He lets go of my waist and turns around, then I see two guys. One guy with an unimpressed look on his face, and another guy with a smug face.

"What are you doing, Ai'Pha? Let him go."

This guy is shorter than the others, with red hair and dimples. He looks angry at the guy that he calls 'Pha'. The other guy has black hair, and he is just shaking his head while looking at the other two. I guess they are friends? Then who were those people before?

"Shit Ai'Pha. You have found another target even before I can find a new one. But what? A boy?Well, he is pretty for sure." The one with black hair says.

After he listens to what those people say, he turns around to face me then wraps his arm around my waist again.

"Let me go, please. I am going to be late."

"If you tell me one thing."

"What is it, P'Pha?" 

All people call him 'Pha' so I guess I should call him P'Pha. The moment I call his name, he smirks then he leans his face to mine.

"What is your name?" He stares at me to make me fall for him, but I am already used to this kind of stares. So, it's not gonna work on me.

Sigh... He won't stop, will he? I heave another sigh then tell him. "Wayo. People call me Yo. There you have it. Now let me go, P'Pha."

"For now, I will. But, I won't let you go the next time we meet, nong Yo." He winks.

What is with this attitude? He is so arrogant. His friends shake their head and heave a sigh as that P'Pha guy smiles proudly then wiggles his eyebrows to them. He finally lets go of me, so I walk away from him.

I speed up my pace and walk as fast as possible to my faculty. I have learned one thing about that P'Pha.

He is dangerous.