Chapter 50 - Revelation Two

(Khamnan's POV)

Wayo needs to learn those spells. By knowing how to hold two elements at once, it will be easier for him to control one element at a time. This is because I don't want his elements to get out of control. He must master them.

Another reason is also there though. The underworld might be gone for now but I feel something. It's deep under the ground. It's strong. It's almost as strong as Erebus' presence. I think the underworld is not forever gone.

As a light magic user, I can feel the presence of darkness. That's why I was not surprised when Wayo told me about his dark element. I felt it from him. Phana must have known about it and waited for Wayo to tell him.  

But, the darkness that I feel from under the ground is really strong and evil. That's why I want Wayo to be prepared. Somehow I have this feeling that something is trying to find him. I am quite worried about this year's Wizards Rumble because the venue is where the dark energy is coming from. Hence, I teach Wayo powerful spells to protect himself when necessary. I will be there also to watch the tournament but I am not any stronger than my own son.

"Sir, are you okay?" Wayo asks me and snaps me out of my thoughts.

"Oh, yes. Let's start eating." I reply to him.

I take a look around me and notice that the food is already here. Today is the last day of the camp and the training has gone well. Wayo has become able to control his elements although he is still not able to master the power of ancient deities. Of course it is not easy and takes time.

We are currently celebrating the end of the camp by having dinner together. Phana's friends are also here because Wayo wants them to be here. I heard from Wayo that Beam and Kit are really close to them and he wants their group to be complete. Hence, there are seven of us at our table.

Although they are Phana's friends, Beam and Kit are not sitting near Phana at all. Beam is sitting beside Forth and Kit is sitting beside Winggwan. Well, Winggwan made him sit there even though Kit didn't want to.

I feel like a father of six boys now. It's been a while since I could have dinner with so many people. Back then in dark clan territory, I could only eat by myself in the house.

"Sir... is there something wrong?"

Wayo is offering a piece of tissue to me with his little hand. I just realize that my eyes are kind of teary. "Thanks. I am okay. There's something in my eyes. I think it's dust." I smile at him and take the tissue to wipe my tears.

"Mr. Panitchayasawad. Isn't it about time you tell us about true magic? You have been teaching nong Yo in front of us and we are curious. This is the last day of the camp. You said you're going to explain to us." Phana says.

The other boys are now looking at me as well. Beam and Kit look confused but they seem to be interested. I drink the water in front of me before I talk. "Have you ever read anything about the magic from ancient times?"

Phana nods his head. "The books refer to it as true magic. It's the elemental magic that has all the six elements."

"Exactly." I continue explaining. "In ancient times, there are no such thing as fire magic, water magic, etc. There is only one magic called true magic. Everyone has six elements in them that time. But, as the time passes, the descendants can only have two elements in their body. In this era, humans only have one element."

"Why is that? Is the power of magic going to disappear in the end?" Winggwan asks.

"No. As you may have known, we have mana inside our body and that means we can always use magic. The thing is, elemental powers don't actually belong to us. We have been gifted by the deities. That's why everyone can use neutral magic but not all of them can use elemental magic."