Chapter 38 - Somewhere

(Wayo's POV)

I know that I can do it. No matter how much my body hurts to use the ancient spell, I am the only one who can protect the others right now.

Pulling the bowstring back, I feel a burst of energy trying to break free from the bow.

I see five layers of magic circles in front of me. Those symbols carved on the magic circles indicate they are from different elements.

"Ovia satarasuka alitheia!!"

I release my grip on the string, shooting the arrow to Erebus. The light arrow spreads into five elemental arrows.

Those arrows then form a beam of light, leaving trails of my mana as it flies. Erebus tries to fly backwards to avoid my attack but the arrows follow him wherever he goes.

He is fast. Despite the fact he needs to dodge the arrows, he still has the ability to focus and send a few dark creatures to fight me.

I should calm down. There's still a lot of mana in my body. I can do this.

"Fotia!" The power of fire changes the bow into a flaming rapier. In one quick dash, I pierce through all the dark creatures using the weapon. They burn in red fire then disappear.

"Gi!" The power of earth changes the rapier into gauntlets that cover my hands completely. I jump from where I stand towards Erebus. He can dodge the arrows and my attacks. I know what to do next but I have to make sure my friends are safe first.

"Fos!" The power of light protects all my friends inside spheres of light magic.

This should be enough to keep them away from getting hurt. With earth gauntlets on my hands, I fly towards the ceilings and break them with one hard punch.

The walls crumble and the building starts breaking down. The falling pieces of the ceilings make Erebus unable to keep up with the surroundings. My arrows finally pierce through his body because he can't dodge everything around him.

But he is still standing while smiling at me even though the arrows did hurt him. "Those little punks have underestimated me. Do they really think by giving you their powers you would be able to beat me?"

"Nero!" The power of water changes the gauntlets into a bazooka. I use teleportation magic then appear right behind Erebus. Without wasting any second, I shoot him with the power of water magic.

He is thrown onto the floor, then gets buried deep underground. There's a huge hole on the floor because of the earlier attack.

I know he is not done yet.

"Anem-- argh.." My nose is bleeding but I can still do this.

"Anemos!" The power of wind changes the bazooka into a spear. With the help of wind magic, I throw the weapon into where Erebus falls. The spear launches so fast after it gets boosted by the power of wind. As it flies down towards the depth of the hole, the spear spins then turns into a powerful tornado.

"Hahh... Hahh..." I am panting due to the fatigue after using so much mana.

I land on the ground as I raise my friends high in the air. They are still protected inside the light spheres.

"Wayo, stop this right now!" Thankfully he is not that hurt. The man who helped me earlier is also safe.

I raise my hand towards them who are high above me. "Here, I open the gate to Earth."

As a huge white magic circle shines above us, I send them back to Earth. Erebus can't go there and they are safe if they stay on Earth.

I'll see you guys soon.