Chapter 42 - Please Accept Me

(Phana's POV)

"Let me join the upcoming Wizards Rumble, P'Pha." He says while smiling at me.

I quickly reply, "Wait." Of course I have no more reason to join the next tournament but I do have a lot of reasons why I don't want to let him fight in the Wizards Rumble. "Do you want something else? I will definitely do anything other than that. I can't let you join the Wizards Rumble."

"Why not?" He asks me with a frown on his face.

Before I can explain my reasons, Yo pouts at me. "But, nong Yo..." He continues pouting. "I just..." Yo still continues pouting and now he even gives me a sad face. "Okaaay... I'll let you join the tournament." 

His mood becomes brighter right away then he giggles at me. "Thank you, P'Pha." I can't win against him. Sigh.

I have resigned from being a member of Erebus Clan. Because there is no more reason for me to represent that clan, I don't really have a reason to join that tournament anyway.

Yo explains to me that he wants to find his real parents by showing to the world that he has light element. Knowing that the followers of the dark clan master have been trapped in the underworld, I don't really feel worried about Yo revealing who he is. In fact, I will be happy if Yo can meet his real parents.

The tournament will be broadcast worldwide, so I do get his point on why the Wizards Rumble is a good chance to let his parents know where he is.

"Are you sure you want to join it?" I ask him one more time.

He confidently answers, "Yes."

Seeing how happy he is because I agree to recommend him as the next delegate, I can only heave a sigh. "Then, I am going to meet the chancellor tomorrow. I'll have to tell him that you're going to be one of the two delegates from our university. After that, he will give me the recommendation letter which you can use to register in the Wizards Rumble." I explain to him as I brush his hair gently.

"The letter is for me so... I have to go there with you, right?"

"Not really. But if you want to go with me, I'll be happy because I will get to spend more time with you."

"You always find a chance to flirt, P'Pha."

"I am that awesome, nong Yo."

"Is the tournament going to be hard, P'Pha? I don't really aim to win but it's going to be awesome if I can be the winner. Well, I will be happy with just the third place. At least I want to get the rewards hehe."

"Well, the participants from last year were strong but they had a weakness. They used too much mana in the beginning of the battles, then they ran out of it in the end. I have learned that people from neighboring lands have the belief that they have to go all out and win as fast as possible. Hence, they use their powerful spells in the beginning of the fight. You will definitely go to the finals if you stay still and dodge their attacks while preparing your own spells. Attack your opponents after they run out of mana. That's my strategy from last year."

"You sure know a lot." He looks amazed.

"Are you proud of me now? Kiss me, then." I close my eyes then lean my lips forward.

He doesn't kiss me.

When I open my eyes, his face is right in front of mine and he is shocked to see me looking at him. "Noooo...." He whines then rolls over to the other side of the bed because he feels shy. Damn, I should have closed my eyes longer. He was about to kiss me.

Of course, I roll his body to face me then smack our lips together. He can be shy all he wants but he won't be able to run away. If I want a kiss, I will get a kiss.