Over My Heart

Pairing(s): Prinxiety and implied Logicality

Warnings: Strong language, and like... literally one smack, so maybe a tiny bit of violence (?)
__
__
Once again, he was in the closet.

The stationary supply closet, that is.

The requirements Virgil had needed when applying for this boring office job were minimal. Could he read? Yes. Could he write? Yes. Could he see the difference between a ballpoint pen and a gel pen? Yes. Did he have a fair amount of knowledge and understanding on the consequences of throwing yourself out of a window? Unfortunately, yes.

What do you know? He was perfect for the job!

Bitterly unpacking a large box of newly ordered mechanical pencils, Virgil huffed out an irritated sigh and felt his back crack after bending down to pick up the twentieth box of pencils. He stood back up and rolled his tongue to keep his anger at bay. Of course he'd have to start stacking on the top shelf.

He wasn't all that short, five foot eight inches and bordering on five foot nine inches, but this building had apparently been designed for behemoths, so the top shelf of the stationary supply closet had to be more than six feet high.

Alright. He could do this.

As he gripped onto the edge of the shelf, he mumbled incoherent curses to whoever had designed the building and stuck his tongue out as he thought carefully about how he would balance himself well enough to place the other boxes of pens on the shelf.

'Dear God. Why wasn't I born a contortionist?'

Swallowing down his hesitance, he placed his right foot on the second to bottom shelf and reached down to grab one of the small boxes of pens. He then stood up straight and placed his left foot beside the right, taking a deep breath as he gripped the second to top shelf. After another few seconds of shallow breathing, he climbed onto the third shelf and squeaked when the structure began to wobble rapidly.

The shaking caused him to curse repeatedly under his breath and hug the shelving structure tightly. How the hell was he going to climb down? It wasn't like he could attempt to stack the pens on the shelf either, and with all of the wobbling, he couldn't simply step down.

Before he could topple backwards to his inevitable doom, two hands shot out to push the shelves back against the wall. "Woah! Are you alright?"

At the sound of an unfamiliar voice from behind him, Virgil dropped down from where he was and turned around, feeling his breath catch in his throat. The man in front of him was cute!

His eyes were a honey-glazed brown and filled with both an innocent twinkle of surprise, and a warm blanket of amusement. Virgil was impressed at the perfect styling of his chestnut brown hair, especially since it clearly wasn't shining with hair gel or any other styling substance. His fringe was long, but curled over the side of his head. Usually, Virgil would immediately try to push away these flustered feelings because he had a soulmate, right?

Whoever had the same mark in the same place as him was his soulmate. That's just how life worked.

"I'm okay, thanks."

The attraction Virgil felt towards him had obviously shown in his voice and expression, because the pretty employee's lips twitched up into a smirk. "That's good to hear. Now, is there any chance I could get your name?"

He had taken one small step closer, and Virgil felt something in his stomach jump. "Uh- Sure..."

Dammit, when had his voice gotten all breathless? The employee flipped his hair back sharply and then returned to grounding him with his warm gaze. "Well? What's your name?"