A Little Ado About Quite a Lot

Pairing(s): Prinxiety, background Logicality, platonic LAMP, and platonic LAMP/Remy/Deceit

Warnings: Strong language, mention of drunk driving, mention of traffic accidents, mention of illness, and arguing (?)

Note: This is a fic based on a post by @glitteryssahotchner on tumblr. I copied any lines from the script of 'Much Ado About Nothing' from a specific website, so I'm sorry if anything is spelled wrong or if the grammar is incorrect. I've checked it myself, but it's old English, so I know that certain words were probably spelled differently, but I'm not sure how to spell them. Also, I like the idea of Roman being Spanish, but I don't speak the language, so I'm sorry if the few words I did use aren't used incorrectly. Hope you enjoy!
___
___

Sometimes Virgil wonders why he ever joined the theater.

Not as an actor. No, he doesn't quite have the confidence to take on such an attention-receiving role just yet. But he, with the desperation of a debt-riddled university graduate, had allowed his best friend Patton Montgomery to convince his employer to give him a job. He had attended a decent art school, gotten his bachelor's degree, and offered to show Logan a portfolio of this work. And, as a result, had been given a job painting backgrounds.

In that time, he had been given other jobs to do such as making props and designing costumes. Once he realised that he had quite the knack for sewing, Virgil felt his anxiety slowly simmer down to a dull ache in his stomach and chest. And along with the simmering of his anxiety, his friendship with Logan grew. With every single teasing insult and witty side-comment, he became more and more confident that he could call his manager to help hide a body.

Sometimes Virgil wonders why Logan ever gave him the job.

Then, he remembers that Patton has him wrapped around each and every finger on both hands.

Of course, Patton had prepared him for the bright and excitable personalities already working at the theater, as well as those with absolutely no shame whatsoever. However, he and Patton have been friends for many years, so Virgil was already very much used to bubbly personalities. But nothing could have ever prepared him for Roman De Santos.

Ten minutes late, as per usual, his familiar form, bursting with colour, marches through the door, a big toothy grin tugging at his lips. "Good morning, peasants! What's on the agenda for today?"

"You fucking off for a start," Virgil mumbles, being forever grateful that Logan shares his disliking of the actor, and simply huffs out a laugh at his comment.

Unfortunately, Roman has the hearing of a bat and arches an eyebrow at the artist, crossing his arms tightly over his chest. "What was that, Charlie Mean?"

Virgil sighs at the nickname—truly, not one of his best—and keeps his gaze down on the fabric in his hands. He doesn't feel like arguing with the actor today; getting to sleep at 4AM and waking up at 8AM had not been a fun way to start his day.

Thinking he's won whatever squabble they were about to have, Roman nods once and grins, spotting Patton standing on the stage just behind Virgil. "Patton! How are you today? And how is your mother? You said you were visiting her, right?"

"Yup," Patton smiles warmly back at his friend and briefly summarises how his trip went, his smile only widening at Roman's seemingly genuine interest in his mother's well-being. "What about your grandmother? Didn't you say she was helping you take care of your mother for a while?"

Roman nods, though his smile feels a little more strained. It makes Virgil's stomach twist uncomfortably, but he says nothing. He and Roman aren't really friends, after all; it'd be a bit weird for him to suddenly start taking an interest in his home life. "They're both doing a lot better. Abuelita feels that it's necessary for her to stay for another week or so," he rolls his eyes and his smile grows fonder, more genuine, "she's a worrier. Sweet, but constantly getting herself worked up over insignificant things."