Let Go

Pairing(s): Prinxiety

Warnings: Strong language, mention of death, and grief

Hey! This is a tiny drabble linked to another story I wrote called 'The Only Way Is Forward', so this has a huge spoiler for the end if you haven't read it and decide to. I hope you enjoy!
__
__
Scrawled down words of melancholy on a sheet of tear stained paper, and none of them could settle the twisted agony he felt in his stomach. It was only getting worse. Tighter and tighter his insides churned, grounding him in the warped reality that had been created by a single man holding a gun.

Trembling fingers gripped onto a thin blue pen as it tore through the paper with searing guilt and grief, ink spilling out the darkness in his mind. He supposed that he would need to stop at some point, why not that night? It hurt.

It hurt so much to let him go. But he had to if he wanted a somewhat fulfilling life. Still. How could he let go of his soulmate? How could he?!

Standing up from where he was sitting at his desk, Roman wiped his eyes and gazed wistfully down at the last letter he would write do his deceased lover. Goodbye. It was finally goodbye.

A little to the side of him, Virgil stood, reading the words written down and gripping his forearms tightly. Let go? Roman was letting go? He thought Virgil had been at the wedding? Virgil gripped the sides of his hair, letting out sobs that burned the back of his throat, his knees buckled and sent him to the floor.

He wasn't ready to let go.