Prince Charming

Pairing(s): Prinxiety

Warnings: Strong language, and near-panic attack
__
__
Virgil chews on the sleeve of his hoodie, telling the waitress for the seventh time that his date would be arriving shortly. It had been almost half an hour since the two of them were supposed to meet up.

Sighing heavily, he leans back in his seat and nervously glances around the restaurant, suddenly taking notice of all the eyes that are trained on him, pitying him. He really isn't coming, is he? Virgil had been so stupid to think that Duke would actually ask him out on an actual date; he is so much more than Virgil could ever hope to be. Clever, confident, and simply happy with who he is.

For a moment, he considers leaving and hiding under the covers until the sun explodes, but before he can, a rather handsome man rushes over and sits down across from him. "I'm so sorry I'm late, babe! I got you this to make up for it, though?"

A beautiful blood-red rose is handed to him and for a second he wonders whether this man really does think that they're supposed to be on a date, maybe a blind date? It would make sense. However, the stranger leans over the table and whispers to him gently, "Whoever stood you up tonight is an asshole. I'm Roman, and I hope this isn't too weird."

Uh, yes. Yes, it is very weird. But it's also extremely sweet and Virgil can't  quite find a reason why he should tell the guy how odd this is. Instead of doing that, he simply smiles shyly and scratches the back of his neck with one hand, taking the rose gratefully with the other. "Thanks. I'm Virgil."

The man smiles an almost ridiculously bright smile at him before sitting back in his seat and glancing at the menu in front of him. Virgil twists the stem of the rose in his fingers before wondering why this guy had a rose on him before spotting him. Or did he... did he buy the rose after seeing him? Is there even a florist nearby? Or any store that sells flowers?

He looks up at the man curiously. Roman. Sounds like an awfully charming name and he seems like a pretty confident guy. It doesn't really help that he's absolutely gorgeous.

"Hey, what're you going to order? I'm thinking of getting steak and- You okay?"

Virgil finds that he's holding his breath and when their eyes meet properly for the first time, he can't help the tiny gasp of breath that slips through his lips. "Uh..." Well, it would help if he actually said something!

Luckily, Roman seems to find his apparent fascination with him endearing and his lips twitch up into a smirk. He leans forward, clasping his fingers together to hold his chin up and resting his elbows on the table. His eyes are filled with a playful kind of amusement that sends his stomach into a fluttery mess and his smirk holds a certain amount of mischievousness to it, which would usually send Virgil into a spiral of anxiety, but somehow... Roman makes it look harmless. Charming.

"So," he begins, tilting his head slightly and definitely noticing the pink flush on Virgil's cheeks, "are you always this articulate?"

Using a Disney reference? Virgil can't stop the shy smile that tugs at his lips, so he pulls the sleeves of his hoodie over his hands and hides the lower half of his face. He pauses for a second to think of a response. "I'm an anxious piece of shit, unfortunately. Being social at all is stressful. So, I don't really like to go the distance."

He makes sure to reference 'Hercules' as casually as possible and feels his timid smile grow into a grin at the way Roman's eyes widen for a split second in realisation. Interest lights up his russet gaze and Virgil feels something stir in his chest- this guy is too attractive and Virgil suddenly remembers how gay he is. "A Disney fan, are you?"

Virgil nods and tucks a few strands of hair behind his ear. "Yup. And I can already tell that you are."

"Oh? How exactly did you make that assumption?"

Arching an eyebrow, Virgil silently wonders whether Roman knows how ridiculously bright his smile is. "Well firstly, you literally referenced a Disney movie. And secondly, you have this... 'princely' sort of vibe. You get what I mean?"

At the surprise that flashes across Roman's face, Virgil feels his confidence slip a little. Was that weird to say? What if Roman left? That would possibly be the most humiliating outcome to this situation, and probably the most saddening because Virgil has found that he rather likes Roman's company.

However, he is relieved to see a flirty grin stretch across his 'date's face. "It would be an absolute pleasure to be your Prince Charming, Virgil."

Desperately, Virgil attempts to hide his heating cheeks with the sleeves that are still pulled over his hands, smiling wider as Roman's laugh reaches his ears. He has just met this guy, but Virgil doesn't care. They can get to know each other over the dinner they're about to have. And perhaps Virgil will gather the courage to ask for his number.

For now, however, he settles with peeking through his fingers so his eyes can meet Roman's, feeling his mind go blank at the fondness glowing in them, and when they do meet, his heart stutters again. Such a damn charmer.
__
__
Hi! This was a request by StarOfLightning , it was going to be longer, but I thought that short and sweet would be better! As well as the fact that it's past 4AM and I should probably sleep now.

I didn't save a picture of the request because I'm a freaking moron-

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed!

Love y'all! Stay cute!