Dreams

Note: This a sequel to a oneshot I wrote a while ago called 'Reality'. It's in my first oneshot book, 'Plenty of Wonders'. So, some things in this may not make sense unless you've read it. Hope you enjoy!

Pairing(s): Prinxiety and Logicality

Warnings: Strong language, mention of violence, mention of death, mention of alcohol, talks about anxiety, and talks about insecurities (?)
__
__
Another movie night, and Virgil was dreading it just a little bit more than usual. Sure, he'd have to socialise for a couple of hours, and that was awful, but his best friend and Logan were in a relationship. And Patton was one of the most cuddliest people he had ever met. It was going to be extremely awkward, especially since he and Roman had kind of forgotten to talk about what had happened after his performance two months beforehand.

What? He'd been busy.

Collapsing back onto the couch, Virgil found himself sinking into the brown leather cushions tiredly; his shift at the theatre had been hectic, and it didn't exactly help that Roman worked at the exact same place. He glanced over at the spot beside him on the couch when he felt it dip slightly, and was surprised to see Logan sitting nervously, hands placed stiffly in his lap.

Virgil raised an eyebrow. "Hey Logan, 'you good?"

"I'm..." he paused, and Virgil notice that his leg was beginning to bounce, "I'm nervous. Patton and I are dating now, as you know, but... I have never really been a very affectionate person, and I worry that he may think that I do not care for him as much as I do... because- because of that."

Oh dear. Virgil had never thought of himself as someone skilled at comforting people, but he didn't want Logan to think something so ridiculous. All three of them knew that Patton was quite possibly the human embodiment of sugar and sunshine; he accepted everyone for who they were, and never asked anyone for more than they could give.

Placing a supportive hand on his forearm, Virgil shrugged loosely. "Patton won't do anything you're uncomfortable with, don't worry. And if you really are worried about it, I'd just talk to him; you know he wouldn't mind."

After a moment of deliberation, Logan nodded and thanked Virgil quickly before heading to his boyfriend's room, likely to talk to him about the entire affectionate aspect of their relationship. At least he had the courage to talk about relationship... stuff, unlike Virgil. When would he be able to just walk right up to Roman, look him in the eye, and ask him what their relationship could be? Probably never.

He tugged his hoodie tighter around himself, pulling his legs up and wrapping his arms around them, hoping to gather a little more warmth as the room's temperature decreased. For a moment, he wondered why before remembering that they had to cut back on using the heating since their last bill ended up almost leaving them without any food for two weeks.

The silence of their living room was abruptly broken by the sound of a very bubbly Roman practically throwing himself on the couch beside him, letting out an exaggeratedly loud sigh. "So, what movies will we be watching tonight?"

Virgil forgot  to reply for a moment, feeling something in his stomach flutter at how close Roman had decided to sit. "Oh- Uh, I'm not sure. I think we still have to choose, so..."

He trailed off, for some reason not being able to hear his thoughts above his heartbeat. Roman seemed to notice his sudden anxiety because the worry lines in his forehead became more prominent as he furrowed his eyebrows. "Virgil, are you alright?"