Perspective

Pairing(s): Logicality and implied Prinxiety (I'm sorry, I had to)

Warnings: Dehydration

Note: The ending of this might be a bit rushed because it's almost 5AM and my eyes have gone blurry- wow, I can barely see the screen, oops. Hope you still enjoy!
___
___

Autumn is by far the most aesthetically pleasing season.

Patton grins as he sits down on a bench situated just outside his campus building. To most people, the campus grounds would look rather boring since it's beginning to remind them of the work and enormous amounts of student debt they're going to have to deal with. However, those associated with Patton Montgomery are already aware of his seemingly unending optimism, so none are surprised to hear that he adores how the campus looks. Faded scarlet stone pathways curling like a snoozing worm around the university grounds, leading students to classrooms and lecture halls. Along with trees speckled beside the buildings and outlining the paths, spilling warm leaves until the pathways are almost hidden. And he has an almost overwhelming love for how the university building makes those gigantic trees look so small. He just can't get enough!

Once he's found the perfect angle, he takes out his camera from his bag and switches it on. He kneels on the ground and tilts the camera up slightly, turning it onto the mode he likes best before holding it up to his eye, holding as still as he possibly can, and snapping a picture.

With a quiet grunt of effort, he leans back against the bench and moves to stand up, checking the picture as he does so. The wooden bench is cold beneath him as he sits back down, biting the inside of his cheek anxiously as he analyses his photo. Already, he can see moiré in the bottom left corner and some unwanted blurring of the building on the right side. He sighs, disappointed.

Honestly, he should probably save up to buy a new camera or at least use a university camera, but he's so afraid of falling in love with one of them and losing the motivation to use his own that he just doesn't. 'At least the lighting is nice,' he thinks with a weak smile.

"Excuse me," a modulated voice speaks to him, causing him to flinch and snap his head in the disembodied voice's direction. "I understand that this may seem inappropriate since I'm a complete stranger to you, but my friend is severely dehydrated, would you happen to have a drink of any kind with you?"

It's another student. He's stressfully brushing his fingers through dark hair, successfully pushing it up and away from his forehead. When Patton finally processes his question, he rummages around in his backpack and pulls out a bottle of water, handing it to the student beside him. A sigh of relief slips through his lips and he thanks Patton before hurrying away. Patton watches his curiously and is extremely worried when he realises that the dehydrated friend is Virgil Rhodes, a boy in his photography class. The shorter student is slumped against another unfamiliar student, weakly allowing Logan to lift the bottle of water to his lips. Goodness, can't he even move?

Instead of concerning himself more with his camera, he places it back in his bag and speed-walks over to where the three other students are resting. They don't seem to notice him until he's close enough for them to hear his footsteps. Virgil's eyes don't even open as he leans limply against another man's shoulder, taking deep breathes and squeezing his knees lightly. The student from earlier seems too focused on his friend to greet him, but the one next to Virgil on the bench looks up and smiles politely at him. "Thanks for the water."

Patton smiles nervously back at him and nods towards Virgil, who is gaining a little more colour back to his face. "Is he going to be okay?"

"Yeah, Virgil was just a stupid person and forgot to actually eat or drink anything this morning," the student replies, rubbing Virgil's shoulder gently and then turning his head back up to look at him, "what's your name? I'm Remy and that's Logan."