Perfect

Pairing(s): Platonic Moxiety

Warnings: Strong language
__
__
It would be Patton's birthday in two days, and yet his best friend didn't even have a present for him. Fuck.

Pacing his room anxiously, Virgil thought about everything he knew that Patton enjoyed. He made a mental list of all of the gifts he could buy, and then narrowed it down to what he could actually afford.

He sat down on the edge of his bed and found that his eyes widened in surprise at the realisation that Patton really wasn't that materialistic or expensive to buy for. Yes, he knew that to an extent beforehand, but when the time came for him to actually buy his best friend a gift, the fact really hit him.

Cartoons, cookies, cats (or animals in general), and he loved to bake. He could buy anything from those four options for a reasonable price. So, why was it so difficult for him to just choose something?

Virgil knew that Patton would adore anything he got for his birthday, but he wanted his gift for him to be perfect.

That day, he and his two other roommates Roman and Logan decided to visit the shopping centre to buy gifts for Patton. It was something they did every year, so Patton wasn't at all suspicious. And he shouldn't have been really, considering the gift-buying was what Virgil was worrying about.

When they arrived, they immediately split ways and agreed to text each other when they were finished shopping, or if they needed any help. Virgil secretly decided to buy Christmas gifts for the other two early, just to be safe. He headed towards the Disney store to fetch Roman a gift, and then headed to a very specific clothes store to buy a tie he spotted weeks before that he knew Logan would like, along with another tie he knew Logan would despise. Then, it was time for Patton's gift.

He wouldn't have to go into too many stores right? It couldn't possibly take so long to buy a present for one person.
__
__
"Christ, it's been five hours! Where is he?" Roman exclaimed, dialling Virgil's number for the tenth time and watching as the other two panicked beside him.

Patton chewed his bottom lip anxiously and sent Virgil yet another text asking his whereabouts. Suddenly, the darkly dressed man rushed up to them, apologising profusely for taking so long and voicing his surprise at the fact that they were still waiting for him. The other three simply laughed at this before they all grabbed lunch and decided to head home.

Apparently Virgil had been wrong. He had visited seven stores before finally deciding on the perfect gift for Patton, and he couldn't even describe how much his legs were burning. Collapsing into bed sounded like heaven to him at that point, but the others wanted to watch movies and order pizza that night, and if he didn't want them to know the trouble he had gone to in choosing one damn present then he would have to join them in their plans.

They all managed to fall asleep in the living room that night, Patton curled up next to Logan, one of the younger man's arms around his shoulders. Neither Virgil nor Roman were surprised at this, however, knowing how close the two were and infuriated by the fact that they weren't together already.

Virgil winced at the pain shooting through his legs, unable to sleep because of it.
__
__
On the day of Patton's birthday, Virgil tried to will away the desire to just hide away in his room and forget about the gift he had bought for him. It wasn't good enough. He could have gotten something better, why didn't he?