Instagram Crush

Pairing(s): Prinxiety, platonic Logince, and implied Logicality

Warnings: Strong language,  jokes on stalking, and panicking (?)
__
__
"Roman, for the love of God, would you stop stalking his Instagram account?"

Flushing pink in embarrassment, Roman hides as much of his face behind the small screen of his phone as he can, sneaking a quick glance up at his best friend and shrugging loosely. "I'm not stalking his Instagram. All I'm doing is liking a few of his pictures, you know, to raise his confidence!"

Folding his arms across his chest, Logan arches an eyebrow and hums disbelievingly. "Is that so? Then tell me, are you following him? Most people who like multiple pictures on someone's Instagram account decide to follow them."

Sometimes Roman hates how well his best friend knows him. "Well, no. But not everyone wants to follow someone just because they have nice pictures."

"Isn't that one of Instagram's main purposes?"

"Shut up."

Logan huffs out a laugh and rolls his eyes, shuffling sideways on his friend's couch to take a peek at the screen of his phone. When he does, he can see a picture of Roman's neighbour, Virgil Rhodes, in his unzipped signature black and purple hoodie. The hood is up and covering half of his face, coal coloured eyeshadow brushed beneath his eyelids, contrasting against his pale white skin, and accentuating his cheekbones. Despite not being interested in the man himself, Logan can understand why Roman is seemingly infatuated with him.

His thoughts freeze in place when he spots the genuine fond smile that pulls at Roman's lips as he gazes at the picture. It's odd.

When Virgil had first moved in next to him, they had hated each other, but due to a bad experience Virgil had had with a homophobic man that followed him home, Roman had offered him a place to stay until the police arrived. And from there, they slowly realised that they have more in common than they thought; a love of Disney, their fascination with makeup, how they both adored musicals, and, something that had surprised Roman when he found out, their enjoyment of going to the gym.

"Why don't you just go and get to know him better?" Logan asks, turning so he can see his friend better and smiling in amusement at the horror that covers his face. "You're already reasonably close, I'd say you were friends, and it says in his biographical profile that he's gay. So, I honestly believe you could have a chance with him."

It takes a moment, but Roman takes a deep breath and shrugs. "I don't know. He's..." he trails off and laughs weakly, "I don't really... I can't think of a word that describes him well enough. He deserves so much and I'm just scared that I won't be able to give it to him."

Not used to seeing his best friend look so vulnerable, Logan chews the inside of his cheek nervously and frowns. "You never know until you try."

Roman simply shrugs again and says nothing, glancing back at the photo and moving his thumb to click away, but when the picture on the screen doesn't change, he taps it again multiple times. When it eventually allows Roman to go back to Virgil's main Instagram page, he spots a big white heart pop up for a split second before vanishing in a glitchy manner. "Oh no."

"What?"

"Oh dear- No!" Roman cries out in despair, jumping up and pacing his living room in a panic. "I just liked his photo! Now he knows I was stalking his account!"

With a smirk, Logan snickers lightly and crosses his arms. "So you admit you were stalking his account?"

Instead of replying, Roman sends his friend an irritated glare and huffs out a stressed sigh, placing his head in his hands. "He posted that picture in April! And it's June now, so he's going to know! What am I going to do?! Do I just... flee the country?!"