The Weird Uncle

Pairing(s): Logicality, implied Prinxiety, and platonic Thomas&Virgil

Warnings: Strong language
__
__
Dear God, why had he agreed to do this?

Virgil sat uncomfortably on the couch of two of his friends, Patton and Logan, shifting slightly as a ten year old boy sat on a bean bag in the corner of the room staring at him. He was Thomas Sanders, their son, and Virgil had foolishly agreed to babysit him whilst they went out for their ten year anniversary.

He was a sweet kid, funny too, but he was just as horrifically awkward as Virgil, which did not bode well for either of them. For a moment, Thomas just sat there twiddling his thumbs and shuffling around in his seat, but soon he managed to muster up enough courage to speak, to Virgil's dismay. "Do you like Disney?"

Not the question he had been expecting, but Virgil could roll with it. "Uh- Yeah, why?"

Thomas shrugged and offered him a shy smile. "You wanna watch 'Sleeping Beauty' with me? Or, another movie! I don't mind."

Thinking of his best friend (and crush), and how obsessed he was with the Disney franchise, Virgil hid a smirk behind the sleeve of his hoodie, which had been pulled over his hands as a strange sort of defence mechanism. He nodded and invited Thomas to sit down beside him on the sofa in front of the television.

He did, but made sure to keep a good amount of distance between them, and Virgil didn't really mind since physical contact wasn't always his thing. And kids freaked him out enough as it was. What, with their emotions constantly doing backflip and the irritating lack of knowledge they had on what pissed people off. "So, what's your favourite Disney movie?"

Thomas tapped his chin and thought for a minute. Then, he looked up at the babysitter with the most serious expression Virgil had ever seen and folded his hands in his lap. "All of them."

Oh God, he was so similar to Roman in the Disney department that Virgil felt a laugh attempting to bubble up his throat and escape through his chapped lips. He snorted a little and saw Thomas furrow his eyebrows in confusion, genuinely trying to figure out the reason for his laughter.

"Nice. Mine is 'Black Couldron'."

Thomas looked even more confused and Virgil began to understand the fun in having children- you got to confuse the hell out of them whenever you wanted. "Really?"

Virgil shrugged loosely and kept his amused smile hidden behind lips pressed into a straight line. "Yeah. It's underrated, and it has no musical numbers, so it's perfect."

Almost looking offended by his answer, Thomas ranted on for around five minutes about how Disney music was usually the highlight of each movie, sometimes depending on the characters and the plot. He stood up and waved his arms around incredulously, gesturing towards the sky, and then towards the TV. What he was trying to say was beyond Virgil. But he supposed that as a 'responsible adult' he should keep quiet and listen. Or tune him out, whichever was easier.

Before they had even gotten the chance to watch a movie, Thomas's eyes dropped and he yawned, causing Virgil to breathe out a laugh and shake his head fondly. He stood up and gently slipped the DVD case for 'Sleeping Beauty' out of his hand, placing it on the television stand and calmly encouraging Thomas to get to sleep.

Unfortunately, Thomas wasn't having any of that bullshit apparently.

With a somewhat weak whine of protest, the younger boy raced into the kitchen. Virgil pulled on the sleeves of his shirt nervously and rolled his eyes. "Come on, kid. Sleep time."

But Thomas refused, running out of the kitchen and up the stairs to hide. Virgil huffed out an annoyed breath and called Roman, praying that he would answer. "Hello?"

"Yeah, hey. Help."

The tiny speck of desperation seeping through the cracks of his monotone voice caused Roman to laugh loudly, a rather melodic and beautiful sound. "Oh dear. What's happening?"

Virgil glanced up the stairs. "Thomas won't go to sleep. What do I do now?"

"Bribe him. Tell him that Walt Disney will visit him in his dreams and let him play in Disney World all he wants. Do it."

Glaring at his phone suspiciously, Virgil hummed and thanked him for his advice, complaining about how he never should have agreed to take care of another human life. Roman spoke words of sweet comfort, grinning when Virgil groaned again, mumbling about how he signs life wasn't fair. "Go on. I'm sure he'll listen to you, then. Good luck, and have fun!"

Then, he was gone.

Virgil frowned and made his way to Thomas's room, chuckling when he saw the younger boy sitting outside of his door. His eyes were half closed as he attempted to fight off sleep, and he was leaning back against the wall.

Instead of taking Roman's advice however, Virgil simply hooked an arm under his legs and another under his back, picking him up carefully as he sleepily protested.

"No..." he whined, feebly pulling on the front of his hoodie, "No sleep. Just awake. I'll fight you if you make me sleep..."

With a quiet laugh, Virgil nodded and tucked him into bed, brushing his fringe out of his eyes. "I know.

"I'd win too."

Another warm smile. "I know."

When he was sure that Thomas wouldn't get out of bed, Virgil tiptoed out of the room and down the stairs, answering a text message from Roman to ask what had happened, and how he had handled the situation.

About an hour or two later, Patton and Logan returned home, delighted with the sweet short story Virgil told them about how Thomas was going to fight him. Logan smirked mischievously. "You've now been promoted to 'Weird Uncle', congratulations."

He thought of Thomas and how adorably dim he was, along with how unusually kind and thoughtful he was for such a young child, and about how hilariously silly Virgil found him. Weird Uncle...

Somehow, he was okay with that title.
__
__
Hi! This is another request from StarOfLightning and I'm writing it at 3AM so sorry if it's messy near the end, I'm trying to keep my eyes open. HELP.

I thought this prompt was adorable, so thank you for requesting it! I hope you all enjoyed it!

Love y'all! Stay cute!