The Ice-Cream Incident of 2015

Pairing(s): Platonic Logince, and random guy Rodger has a crush on Roman

Warnings: Strong language
__
__
"Okay, Rodger has sent me a text to tell me he will be here in around five minutes."

Roman grinned over at his best friend and nodded, brushing his fingers through his chestnut fringe as he leaned back against the wall of the movie theatre. They were meeting up to watch yet another horror movie that they had seen the trailer for online. 'Insidious: Chapter 3'.

Usually, their friend Rodger would be hesitant to watch movies in the horror genre, considering he believed every silly folks tale and myth he heard, and he was overly superstitious.

Logan soon noticed him staring off into space and chuckled. "Are you alright?"

"Hm? Oh, yeah!" Roman laughed, feeling warmth spread through his chest and to his stomach at the sight of his best friend smiling under the glittering light of the sun. His smile was quite the rarity, and it felt wonderful when you saw it. "I'm just thinking about why Rodger would want to see a horror movie."

Humming as he thought about how to reply, Logan scratched his chin, the beautiful smile now fading from his face. Roman felt his heart sink at that. "Yes, it does seem rather odd... Perhaps he enjoys the feeling of being afraid? Many often do."

Roman nodded. "Maybe."

Before they could say anything else about it, they spotted their friend stumbling up the path with his usual navy backpack attached to him. He panted and apologised profusely for being late, explaining that his younger sister needed help with her homework.

The three of them laughed it off and entered the movie theatre. Rodger immediately clung to Roman's arm and laughed nervously. "If I grab your hand or something, don't freak out, these movies scare me sometimes."

Roman simply laughed.

Logan understood why they were going to see this movie.
__
__

Halfway through the movie, Roman had bought a cone at the stall outside of their screen room. It was rather little, with a lovely scoop of vanilla ice cream settled on the top.

The demon ice cream cone.

He had sat back down in the middle of his two friend's and laughed at the frightened way Rodger gripped his arm when he was back in his seat. "Calm down, buddy. You'll be fine."

"No... Protect me...!"

Roman giggled again, but gasped when his ice cream cone fell into his lap. He sighed and picked it up, hoping that he would be able to salvage some of it. Rodger apologise again and helped him to clean up, ignoring the irritated glares of those sitting around them.

After the movie, they left the movie theatre, Roman still depressed over the loss of his ice cream and Rodger insisting that he buy him a new one. He did and everything was good...

... for about five minutes.

They were all chattering happily as they made their way home, agreeing to stay at Logan's house to order pizza and watch movies that night. Roman licked at his ice cream and smiled gleefully. A woman with a baby passed by, cooing at the sweet child in its buggy, telling them how cute and special they were. Roman smiled wider. Such a sweet and innocent sight-

Splat!

He dropped his fucking ice cream on the baby. The baby was screaming. The woman was looking at him as if he were insane. Roman didn't know what to do. The first words that came out of his mouth were, "Oh, fuck."

Well, swearing certainly wasn't going to help anything!

"Oh God, I'm so fucking sorry- No, I meant I'm really sorry!" Rushing to the two of them, he desperately apologised for being so clumsy, and threw the remainders of the ice cream in a nearby trash can. Logan and Rodger were trying to stifle snickers as they helped the poor woman clean her baby's face and clothes.

Just as he was standing up after wiping the child's face with a baby wipe the mother had given him, he ended up decking the woman in the face. Dear God, what was wrong with him?! It was an accident, of course, but how could he be so damn clumsy?!

Roman took her scolding and then watched in embarrassment as she stormed off. He sighed loudly as Logan and Rodger finally burst into laughter, clutching their stomachs and gasping for breath. "Ha ha, assholes. Let's just go."

After finally calming down, they all headed to Logan's house. When they got there, Rodger nervously took Roman's hand in his and asked Logan if he could talk to the still-flushed man in private for a moment. Logan reluctantly agreed and left the room.

"What's up, Rodger?"

Smiling shyly, Rodger shrugged and tucked a few strands of hair behind his ear. "Well, do you know that whole soulmate system thing?"

Roman nodded, one eyebrow arched. "Yes?"

Rodger's smile widened. If only Roman had noticed the unnerving and dishonest gleam in his eyes before-

"Well, we're soulmates."
__
__
Hey! A few people asked for the story of 'The Ice Cream Incident of 2015', so I knew I just HAD to write it. I know it's short, but it's not really a long story.

I hope you all enjoyed it!

Love y'all! Stay cute!