Soda Bottle

Requested by -Satan_-

Prompt: "What did you just say to me?"

Pairing(s): Logicality

Warnings: Nerves about rejection (?)
___
___
There's usually nothing that can be too much for Patton to handle, but feelings have always been complicated things.

And as he and his roommate, Logan, sit on their couch to watch Steven Universe, he can't ignore the close proximity between them. Logan could have sat further away, there's plenty of space on his left side for him to move if he wants to, but Patton is practically leaning on him at this point!

Maybe he should say something?

No. Everyone in his life has always warned him against rushing into something just because his heart decides that he should. He does need to use his brain when making decisions sometimes too.

So, they sit. They continue sitting. And then they sit some more until they've watched ten episodes and it's getting late. They both have work in the morning and need to get a good night's rest.

But Patton kind of wants to hang out with Logan more. He's not even tired!

"Are you alright, Patton? You seem to be shaking."

Oh, so he is. Is this really what bottling something like this up for so long can do? It's almost like he's a shaken soda bottle. Except his feelings are the bubbles tumbling towards the top. And, even though he'd never want to admit it, he may just be made of glass right now. Fragile and could shatter at any moment. But he shouldn't say anything. Right?

Apparently his heart doesn't get the memo. "Okay, can I tell you something? It's really important and I need to get it out, or I might explode."

Immediately, Logan has paused the episode's end credit song and is sitting upright, prepared to listen. And that is what Patton loves about him. He's just so thoughtful, even when he doesn't mean to be. And he's so modest, so humble about what he receives and what he already has. Patton just appreciates his roommate so much!

"I really, really like you. Like," he brushes a hand through his hair, "a lot."

There's a pause that slowly drags Patton's heart down to his stomach. He doesn't feel the same way. He's just ruined everything. Logan isn't ready for a relationship. Or maybe he just doesn't care for romance at all? Which would be fine! Of course it would, but... Patton just really wants him to say something.

Logan swallows and looks down at his knees. "What did you just say to me?"

And now, Patton wants to go back and keep these stupid feelings bottled up until someone else can catch their attention. He wishes he had never said anything. "Nevermind, please forget it."

"No, I don't want to. Do you... Like, really?"

Logan has never been so inarticulate before. Does he feel uncomfortable? Or, is there actually a chance that he feels the same way? Either way, Patton nods, a shy smile adorning his features. "Yeah. Is that okay?"

And with a heart-stopping grin, Logan replies. "Nothing has ever been more okay."