Not Cute

Pairing(s): Platonic LAMP

Warnings: Mention of 'Doki Doki Literature Club', which will include spoilers (and the game includes sensitive themes), and strong language
__
__
"You should play this game," Deceit had told him with a grin, "it's absolutely adorable and not at all traumatising."

Roman had been grateful for the suggestion, as he had been running out of inspiration, and playing a video game could possibly increase his chances of coming up with an idea. He had conjured up his laptop and sat on the couch in the Common Room, smiling gleefully as the game loaded up on the screen. Such cute music!

He hummed along with the sweet little tune and clicked 'New Game', squealing almost silently in excitement as the background popped up on the screen. Of course, he had set his name as 'Roman' because why wouldn't he? It was a grand and romantic name for a grand and romantic game!

And that is how he sat for the next hour and a bit. Giddy. Bubbling with excitement. Naive.

When a character by the name of 'Sayori' had explained her problems with depression, Roman had internally praised the game for finding a way to deal with such serious topics. Unfortunately, he disagreed with a few pieces of dialogue for the main protagonist, such as his insistence that he knew what was best for her.

But he had simply tutted and carried on with his game, completely unaware as more and more tiny details slipped his mind. Virgil had rolled his eyes at the computer screen as he trudged behind the sofa, not quite recognising the characters until twenty minutes later when he had finished making himself a microwave meal. He almost choked on his water as Roman read trough Sayori's disturbing poem. "Princey, didn't you read the warnings when you downloaded the game?!"

"Yes, and I understand them. Sayori suffers with depression, and I'm going to guess that one of the other girls, Yuri possibly, suffers from anxiety." Roman replied, reading through the text on the screen as the main protagonist made his way into Sayori's house. "And you should be thirteen or over to play this game because those who are too young may not understand such subjects."

Virgil hastily called for Logan and Patton, but immediately hid Patton's eyes away from the screen. He had been on tumblr for a while now, and he had seen many posts about this game. Apparently it was incredible, but had many unexpected twists and sensitive themes.

When Logan arrived he raised an eyebrow at Virgil's concern until he looked at the screen. Yes, even he had heard of this game. They had thought that Patton would be the one they needed to protect from it. "Roman! Stop playing that right now!"

Roman snorted and shook his head. "I gently open the door-"

"Roman-"

A shriek escaped past Roman's lips as the next scene appeared on his laptop screen. He slammed the lid shut and covered his eyes, unable to believe what he had seen. "What- It was- Deceit told me that-"

Rolling his tongue in anger, Virgil folded his arms across his chest and summoned the Dark Side, watching as his lips contorted into a sinister grin. "Why, hello there, Virgil. It's just delightful to see you. Now, not that I am not absolutely thrilled to be here, but is there something you needed?"

"Why the fuck did you tell Roman to play this game?"

Deceit's smirk only widened as he feigned innocence. Badly, of course. "Because it is a lovely visual novel that I assumed he would enjoy. Or, is it not? Goodness, did I get it wrong? I am so terribly sorry, Roman."

Still pouting at the unexpected horror aspects of his game, Roman shrugged curtly and kicked the carpet lightly with the toe of his shoe. "Guess it's okay... If you didn't know, then it's not your fault."

Logan and Virgil sighed heavily at his continued obliviousness to Deceit's whole 'lying' thing. But Deceit merely chuckled lowly and clasped his hands together, once again, faking an excited expression. "Ah, thank you, Roman. Your forgiveness means more than the world to me. Oh! I know how I can make it up to you. There is this game called 'Pony Island'."

"Oh my- Just leave!" Logan cried in disbelief, backed up by the silent threat Virgil sent to Deceit with his eyes, daring him to say another word.

Smile never faltering, Deceit waved to them, fingers wiggling in his yellow gloves as he sunk down. He spoke in a sing-song kind of way, grinning at them all. "You won't see me soon...!"

Patton looked between them all, still confused as to why he had been summoned in the first place. Meanwhile, the other two helped Roman delete the game, knowing that he would likely not want to play it, and felt tiny smiles tug at their lips as Roman thanked them for 'rescuing him'.

As they all sat on the couch, having set up a Disney movie to help Roman forget about what he had seen in the game, the creative facet spoke up, leaning against Virgil as his eyes grew tired. "That game was not cute."

Virgil rolled his eyes. "I tried to warn you."

"Just hush up and stay still. You make a good pillow."
__
__
Hi! This is just a note to say that this wasn't a request, but just a small drabble idea that has been in my head all day.

Also, I absolutely LOVE this game, so I'm not trying to insult it or the creators at all by writing this. I just thought that Deceit playing such a petty prank on one of the Sides would be funny, and that the Sides (other than MAYBE Virgil) wouldn't like this game very much.

Don't look this game up if you are sensitive to themes of suicide, self-harm, abuse, murder, depression, anxiety, or depictions of other mental illnesses in games.

Love y'all! Stay cute!

PS: I also kind of really like writing Deceit's character? It's not very easy, but it's fun! He's evil, but I think he can also be really petty, so I'm definitely going to write more about him!