Forgiving Your Mistakes

Requested by PrismSakura

Prompt: "I just wanted you to know that I appreciate you."

Pairing(s): Platonic Logince

Warnings: Strong language, reference to arguing, reference to work stress/troubles, and insecurities (?)
___
___
He's just pathetic.

There's nothing distinguishable about him, nothing extraordinary. His mother is definitely disappointed, or if she isn't, she has a funny way of showing it; not visiting or contacting him for six months tends to give a bad impression.

Lifting a hand to his face, Roman traced his nose and frowns- too small. His fingers then reach the corners of his eyes, the pads of his thumbs pulling them sideways. Since he understood the concept of vanity, he's always thought his eyes were too light and too big. His abuelita always told him he had 'beautiful doe eyes', but he just couldn't see what was so attractive about them.

Certain facial features are prominent; his jawline being so sharp it could kill a man and cheekbones as high as his brother Remy on caffeine. And people usually find that attractive on people, but it just... doesn't look right on him. He doesn't suit those features.

He doesn't deserve those features.

And he's such a coward too, taking out his frustration on other people. People that he loves! Why? Because he can't find a good outlet for it? He's just... so fucking pathetic.

There's a knock on his door and, surprisingly, his roommate Logan Sanders steps inside with a stiff smile. He probably hasn't forgiven Roman for yelling at him yesterday. Fair enough.

"Roman, can we talk about what happened yesterday?"

And Logan's voice is so soft and tentative, much more concerned than he's ever been. Roman can't say no to him. "Okay."

The bed dips slightly as Logan sits down, hands clasped together in his lap as if he's holding himself together, and Roman stares stubbornly down at his crimson sheets. "Was there anything that warranted your aggression? Did I do anything to upset you?"

Roman can't even lie, Logan would be able to see through it immediately. "Yes. And... partially."

Before Logan can ask more questions, Roman continues, just letting all of his feelings out before he regrets clinging onto them for too long. "I just feel like everything is my fault recently. At work, I was being yelled at for the smallest mistakes, and for one mistake that wasn't even mine. Then, when I got home, you tell me that I need to cook more, even though you know I almost burned the fucking apartment complex to the ground last time. It just took a toll on me. But, still, I do apologise for shouting. There was no need for me to do such a thing."

His eyes are burning, but he ignores the sensation and concentrates on avoiding Logan's gaze as much as possible.

There's a silence that cuts through him like glass until Logan sighs softly. "I'm sorry, Roman. I didn't mean to make you feel that way. And I forgive you for the incident. Would you be interested in ordering Chinese food and watching a movie? Your choice."

Roman's smile is less forced as he nods. "I'd love to, but it's your choice tonight; I was still a dick yesterday."

With a warm chuckle, Logan agrees and they make their way to the living room. As they sit down to order the food, Logan seems to look him over. "I just want you to know that I appreciate you."

It's difficult to get the words out past the lump in his throat, but his smile isn't even the slightest bit forced. "Thank you, Lo."