Trying To Forget You

Note: Don't drink too much, friends! It can't ever end well, so be careful.

Pairing(s): Analogical

Warnings: Strong language, alcohol, vomiting, mention of alcoholism, drinking too much, and self deprecation
___
___
Here he is again, sitting in the tiny bathroom of his apartment, leaning back against the bathtub with a bottle of cider in his hand. Trying to drink the memories of Logan away.

Falling in love with Logan is the worst he has ever done. There is no way the astronomy nerd is ever going to feel the same way about him. Ever. He deserves so much better than a messy emo who hated himself more than anyone else. So much more.

Wiping his clammy forehead with his jacket sleeve, Virgil feels that his movements are wobbly, most likely because of the ridiculous amount of alcohol he's consumed. He shakes the bottle slightly and frowns at the realisation that it's empty. Damn. The familiar entrancing stare of Logan is still clear in his mind.

Clumsily, Virgil grips the side of the bathtub and the sink, making desperate attempts to pull himself up so he can exit the bathroom. As he does so, he brushes his side pocket with his arm and feels his phone sticking out.

'Call him.'

Despite wanting to forget him, Virgil's brain insists that he should call him. Because that's the best thing to do when trying to distance yourself from someone. Definitely.

'Tell him you don't want to talk to him anymore.'

That was... a slightly better improvement.

As he stumbles into the kitchen to grab himself another beer, Virgil takes his phone out of his pocket and finds Logan's number in his contact list, pressing the call button without even thinking about it. He doesn't have to wait as long as he thought he would for Logan to pick up, considering it's 1:30AM. "Hello? Virgil, why are you calling me so early in the morning?"

"I just wanted to let you know that," he hiccups and leans heavily against the counter, "you suck."

Logan huffs out an amused laugh. "Virgil, are you... drunk?"

After a few seconds of sputtering out a few nonsensical words, Virgil finally manages to spout out what he's feeling. "I'm not going to- to talk to you anymore. I can't deal with it." His voice cracks and he sniffles, tears beginning to slide down his cheeks. Logan is silent. "It hurts to be around you! I can bare- barely look you in your eyeballs! You deserve better anyway. Better than me."

"What are you talking about? Have I done something to upset you?"

Virgil chokes on a sob and slides down the edge of the kitchen counter until he's sitting on the floor, knees drawn up to his chest and face hidden in his legs. "I love you..."

There it is. Out in the open.

"I love you, so it hurts that you're out of my leg... No! I meant league." He takes a deep breath and prepares to say his last goodbye. He'll never talk to Logan again... But he can't. "I want to see you, but it hurts. I just love you. Logan, I really, really, really, really love you. No!" He can't be weak. He has to do it.

He sobs out his next words, his throat raw and his cheeks burning as hot tears stream mercilessly down his face. "Goodbye, Logan."

Then he hangs up the phone and throws it at the counter on the other side of the kitchen, sobbing a little louder into his knees as he realises that he's just ended the best friendship he's ever had. Other than the one he has with Patton. That's pretty damn good too.

Opening his... fifth bottle of cider (?), he gulps it down and feels the familiar sickly sensation swirling around in his stomach that comes after drinking too much alcohol. He places the bottle beside him on the tiled floor a little harder than he means to; the sound of the glass bottle hitting the floor roughly makes him jump. Maybe he should go to bed soon.

He doesn't know how long he sits on the floor of his kitchen, but the next thing he knows, he's standing on weak feet and answering a frantic knock at his door. Jesus, don't people know what time it is?! It's not like he was being loud or anything.

When he opens the door however, he sees a panting Logan standing in front of him. Oh. He suddenly feels like crying. "Virgil, what the fuck was that phone call about?"

His voice is full of concern and maybe a little bit of anger, either way, Virgil finds it both kinda hot and nerve-racking. What's he supposed to say? He's too drunk to say anything coherent and there isn't anything he can say that will make this situation any better. "I... love you." Was that the right thing to say?

Virgil thinks it might be once he sees Logan's eyes soften and glisten with something Virgil rarely sees from him. Tears. "Virgil, you scared the shit out of me."

Before the drunken man can apologise, he's swept into a hug that both stops his heart and restarts it all over again. Logan both kills him and makes him feel more alive than ever. He returns the hug once he actually processes what is happening, wrapping his arms around the taller man's torso.

"I love you." That's all he can think to say. It's all he wants to say.

Logan shushes him gently and leads him to his bedroom, laying him down carefully on his bed and tucking him in. He hurries to the kitchen and grabs a packet of paracetamol, placing on the nightstand beside Virgil's bed before climbing in next to him and switching off the lamp also sitting on his nightstand. "Are you alright with me sleeping here? Or would you rather I stay on the sofa?"

Grabbing at his shirt weakly, Virgil pouts. "Here."

With a fond smile, Logan nods and tells him that they will talk about what Virgil said tonight in the morning. Virgil simply hums sleepily before snuggling closer to him and closing his eyes.
___
___
In the morning, Virgil is surprised to smell bacon coming from outside of the open door leading to his bedroom. He mumbles incoherent words and sits up, grabbing his head and groaning louder than he means to as a hammer is suddenly swung against it.

"I see you're finally awake." His heart bursts as he sees a messy haired Logan step into his room with a glass of water in his hand. "I'm making breakfast for you now, which you will eat or I'll tell Patton that you broke your promise to be sober until Roman's party next week, considering how intoxicated you got at Remy's party two weeks ago."

"Oh God, what did I do last night to make you come all the way here? How did you even know I was drinking?"

Rolling his eyes, Logan retells the story of 'The Emo That Drank a Fucktonne Too Much' and Virgil just about dies when he hears it. He groans once again and flops backwards on his bed, covering his face with his hands. "I'm so sorry, oh my God. I can't believe I made you drive down here at half past one in the morning."

Logan snorts and raises an eyebrow. "My car is being repaired, so actually, I ran all the way here. Only taking a taxi when one drove past me. I didn't want to risk taking too long."

"Holy shit." Virgil breathes, imagining his friends sprinting down the dangerous streets of where he lives, almost not believing that he wasn't mugged trying to get here. He then tries to lighten his own guilty mood by making a bad joke. "Wow, sounds kinda romantic, Lo. What, are you gay for me or something?"

There's a pause. "Actually..."

Leaning closer, Logan moves until he's hovering over the breathless man, noses brushing as he looks Virgil in the eye. "If you don't want this, push me away now. I won't hate you or be displeased with you."

Virgil's eyes become hooded as he hesitantly reaches up to cup one of Logan's cheeks, pulling him closer until their lips are practically touching. "Kiss me."

And so, he does.