Forgiving

Snippet Request No.8

Requested by @BearLover115

Prompt: "Shut up. Just shut up."
AU: Human
Pairing(s): Past romantic Logince/present platonic Logince, implied romantic pining Prinxiety, and implied romantic pining Logicality
Warnings: Strong language, heavy guilt, very brief mention of violence, and slight arguing/crying (?)
__
__
Virgil tries to place his hands on Roman's shoulders as he paces back and forth backstage, his heart drumming loudly in his chest with nerves and his lungs failing to take in enough air. "Princey, calm down. You're going to do great and if this is about Logan-"

"Please don't, Virgil." The actor cuts him off before he can continue, startling the techie for a moment before he continues. "I know you mean well, but you don't completely know what you're talking about and I know you'd beat yourself up if you thought you'd said something wrong."

Nodding in agreement, Virgil offers him a grateful smile and ignores the fluttering in his chest at the realisation of how thoughtful Roman really was. "Yeah... Still though, do you need anything? Some water, maybe?"

Roman flushes pink as he hesitantly turns towards the techie with a shy smile stretched across his face. "A hug? If that's okay with you?"

For a moment, Virgil simply stands there in silence, confusion etched into his expression and a soft pink flush slowly growing on his cheeks. Eventually, he smiles, but bites the inside of his cheek to try and hide it, and nods. He's immediately pulled into a warm embrace and his heart jumps at the feeling of strong arms winding around his waist, one hand gently placed at the top of his back between his shoulder blades and the other gripping his waist tightly. Virgil can sense his nervousness even more now that they're so close.

"Hey, you're shaking... Stop. You're going to be great. I promise." He knows that the nerves will fade as soon as he steps up on stage, but even so, Virgil's heart aches as he feels the actor shaking anxiously in his arms. "Wish I could make you feel better..."

Chuckling fondly, Roman tightens his grip and shrugs. "You're doing pretty well right now?"

Virgil closes his eyes and drowns in the smell of stage makeup, the slight tinge of sweat, and his costume, which is absolutely drenched in whatever cologne Roman uses. "Good."

"Roman?"

The two of them tense up at the sudden voice, but the way that Roman's expression twists into one of shock tells Virgil that he knows the owner of the voice. They're all silent for a moment, Virgil absorbing the sight of a man, who is a little bit taller than him, his glasses sliding down his nose and his hazel eyes glowing as the stage lights dance in his direction. Roman swallows and takes a second to catch his breath. "Logan?"

Oh. Virgil feels his heart sink. They may be broken up, but Logan obviously has a reason for making such an abrupt appearance and who would choose Virgil over someone like Logan? No, he doesn't know too much about him, but Virgil still knows that he's superior.

"Leave. Don't..." Roman covers his face with his hands and sighs shakily as Logan winces at the demand.

Logan pauses for a moment before speaking and taking a step forward towards his ex-lover. "Roman, I'd like to apologise for not responding to your text. I know you must have been worried at my lack of communication, but as you know, I can't deal with feelings, let alone such strong negative feelings evoked by a breakup. And... I know it was selfish of me to not answer, but I was afraid and-"

"Shut up." Roman mumbles, his voice choked with tears. "Just shut up."

He then rushes forward and throws his arms around Logan's shoulders, sniffling and hiccuping into his shirt. Logan returns the embrace tightly, muttering apologies and promising to keep in contact when he leaves. From over his shoulder, Virgil spots a man in a blue shirt come up behind Logan, a bright smile on his face. "Oh, I'm so happy you found him, Logan!"

The two ex-lovers release each other and then to him, Logan offering him a fond smile, whilst Roman offers him a slightly confused smile. After a minute, the man is introduced as Logan's boyfriend and the smile on Roman's face becomes more forced, yet a little more genuine.

Virgil can only smile and wish him luck as he enters the stage, ignoring the pang of disappointment in his chest. After all, Roman has never been his to lose, but he was Logan's to find.