An Opinion

Requested by TheSammel

Prompt: "I don't want to talk about it."

Pairing(s): Logicality

Warnings: Bullying
___
___
Usually, Logan's day is fairly plain; he would wake up, have breakfast, work, have lunch, work, and then visit his boyfriend for dinner if they had plans. Nothing out of the ordinary.

This time, however, he is met with a troubling and unwelcome sight. "Patton, what happened to your eye?!"

And Patton, his sweet and too-kind-for
-his-own-good boyfriend, merely giggles and lightly brushes his fingers against the rather nasty scratch running down his eyelid to his cheekbone. "I was stacking shelves in the stockroom when one of the folders fell. Stupid, right?"

Logan does not like the way his eyes dim at the word 'stupid'. "Not at all. A small mishap; an accident."

He doesn't receive a reply.

After a few moments of uncomfortable silence, Logan decides that his boyfriend is lying to him. But why would he lie? He hates lying almost as much as his brother, Virgil, does. "Love," he keeps his tone monotone but light, "did something else cause the scratch on your eye?"

Immediately, Patton turns away towards the stove. "I don't want to talk about it."

"But if you do, I might be able to help you."

"Just leave it alone, sweetheart."

Logan is not going to do that. Instead, he is going to wrap his arms around the shorter man's wait and pull him back so that they're pressed together in a hug. He's going to kiss his temple and plead with him to tell the truth. And, eventually, this works.

Apparently Patton has a new coworker, Delilah, who isn't really the kindest of women. She has a short temper and only God knows how the manager decided she was good enough to work for them. "Patton, you need to tell someone. I understand that she may work against you, but you can't keep allowing her to abuse you like this. It isn't fair on you."

A shaky sigh, then a nod. "I know, I just don't want people to laugh at me."

As he opens his mouth to ask why that woiod happen, Logan remembers that sexism is a thing. Apparently women are 'weaker than men', and if someone is weaker than you, how can they harm you, right? He huffs out an irritated sigh against his boyfriend's shoulder. "I understand that, but if people do such a thing, you should reconsider how important your job is to you."

"Well, I do need money to survive, Lo."

Logan shakes his head. "If, God forbid, the situation worsens, you can move on with me. I make enough to support the two of us until you've found employment somewhere you won't be mistreated in such a way."

It takes another hour or so over dinner to completely convince Patton, but when he gets a phone call the next day informing him that a certain coworker has been 'let go', his day become just that little bit more interesting.