Goodbye

Snippet Request No.3

Requested by Chloca_Cola

Prompt: "This wasn't supposed to happen."
AU: Human
Pairing(s): Prinxiety
Warnings: Mention of death, traffic accidents, and guilt (?)
__
__
"This wasn't supposed to happen," Virgil whispers, tracing the all-too-familiar name with his index finger. It's cold. He feels chills run down his back and a lump form in his throat, the only sound being an icy breeze that shakes through the branches of a tree standing nearby. "I wish I could take it back, I swear."

It was such a stupid argument. Something about where they wanted to go for dinner? Maybe? He can't even remember now. But, God, he wishes he had saw that truck. The driver may have been drunk, but if Roman had seen him sooner instead of trying to appease Virgil, then maybe he could have swerved to avoid him.

But... But no.

He feels another warm droplet slide down his cheek, but it doesn't really faze him anymore, there have been so many that he's simply gotten used to it. "I'm so sorry, gorgeous. I promise I'll... I'll take care of them. Logan and Patton. And Thomas too. They'll be safe."

More tears. He still doesn't notice them. Nor does he notice the way his lower lip is trembling. Not that he would care anyway.

It hurts to speak, but he does anyway. He should have said it more. Should have showed it more. There's so much he would do differently if he was given the chance. But he can't. Not anymore.

"I love you..."