Just Another Gay

Requested by -_-Menger_-

Pairing(s): Platonic Prinxiety

Prompt: "Did you hear that?"

Word: 510

Warnings: Strong language, implied homophobia, and religious themes
___
___
"Dude, don't be so nervous. Your mom's literally the gayest woman I've ever met, and she's not even gay!"

Virgil, in a short fit of anger at how he had ended up with such a moron as his best friend, throws the Bible sitting beside him on his nightstand at Roman's face, missing only by an inch or two. "Can you not? She's cool with you being gay, not her son. You're not her son!"

With a dismissive snort, Roman leans over to pick the poor Bible up from its resting place on the carpet, "Okay, sure. Let's pretend like your mom hasn't practically adopted me already."

He places the book back on his friend's nightstand and grins, ignoring the almost homicidal glare that's burning into his temple.

Virgil sighs, collapsing back onto his bed and pulling at the threads of his Christmas jumper. His throat tightens at the thought of having to say the words out loud, as if they're tainted with something vile. As if he's having an allergic reaction to the word 'gay'. He wants to laugh at that, but feels too sick to do so. "Ro, what if she doesn't like it? I'd have nowhere else to go. And it's not like I could afford a place of my own, considering I'm thirteen and don't have a damn job yet, and-"

"Alright, hold it right there."

Immediately recogning his friend's genuine panic, Roman sits down beside him on the bed and wraps an arm around his shoulders. "It'll be alright, I promise. Besides, my family love you and would totally take you in."

At the sudden wide-eyed terror on Virgil's face, Roman decides that backtracking would be an excellent idea. "Not that we'll have to! Your mom talks about you like you're the second coming of Jesus, Virge. She loves you unconditionally; there's no way she won't accept you for who you are."

"You think so?"

"Infinity percent."

Shoulders relaxing a little, Virgil stands up and begins to fold the giant pile of laundry on the end of his bed, preparing to tuck them away into his dresser drawers. Roman watches for a moment before his smile turns a little more forced, as if trying to hold back a laugh. "You never know, she might come out to you! Your dad can be a bit of a dick sometimes."

Virgil cups a hand over his ear and turns in the direction of his bedroom door. "Did you hear that? It's my dad storming up here to kick your ass."

A bark of laughter slips through Roman's lips as he leans back on his friend's bed, crossing his arms behind his head. Virgil laughs too, glancing over at him for a moment and thanking God that he'd met such a thoughtful moron.

And if he spots Roman double-checking that his dad isn't actually outside his bedroom door, he doesn't say anything.

Until later.