Born Again by Cupid

Note: I know I'm writing a lot of Prinxiety, but I just love their dynamic. It's the same for Logicality. Also, I'm going to make this into a full story in the future, so this is kind of a preview of the story. Hope you enjoy!

Pairing(s): Implied Prinxiety and implied Logicality

Warnings: Strong language, alcohol mention, drug mention, and talk of excessive loneliness
___
___

He's looking to be born again.

Being high and a little bit more than tipsy at his 'friend's party, Virgil Rhodes promises himself that he will never allow himself to become a one-night stand again. He's going to stop allowing people to use him and he's going to stop using others. He wants a relationship.

Someone who will protect him from all the uncertainties; someone who will hold his hand or flash him a comforting smile when his world is crumbling around him; someone he can rely on; someone he can just be himself around. The only person he feels so comfortable around is his best friend Remy, and he has lots of friends, so he doesn't want to spend every waking minute with him.

A guy smirks at him from across the room, he's obviously heard of his past 'partners'. Instead of reciprocating the look, he politely smiles back and then makes his way home. He needs to feed his cat, anyway.

A deep-toned snort echoes from a place hidden from the human eye. "This isn't going to last long."

Rolling his eyes at the sly comment of his best friend, Roman watches the twenty-four-year-old down another  bottle of water as he desperately attempts to sober himself up. "Leave him be." 

"He's too afraid of change, yet he's scared of keeping things the same."

"Many things can change AND stay the same, Logan."

Folding his arms across his chest tightly, Logan arches an eyebrow and leans against one of the pure white pillars holding up the monument behind them. "Explain."

"The sky, for example. There are clear days and there are cloudy days, but underneath it all, it's still the same sky." Roman leans his chin on his hand and stares down at the slowly sobering man, almost captivated by how wonderfully ordinary he is. "And people too. They can change their appearance, they can dye their hair, and they can even develop traits as they grow, but underneath all of that, they're still made of flesh and blood. That won't change."

Logan is silent for a moment, pondering his friend's reply. "But he wants a relationship."

For a second, Logan believes he's won their debate since Roman isn't looking at him or making a sound, but soon, a quiet murmur reaches his ears. "The ability to love."

Their friend Patton smiles and nods. "Everyone has the ability to love someone, no matter what type of love it is. And Virgil already does love people, his best friend, a couple of people in his family, and his cat!"

Sighing softly, Logan shrugs. "I suppose. But those with sociopathic tendencies don't aim to be empathetic or emotional whatsoever."

Patton rolls his eyes fondly and loops his arm through his somewhat grumpy friend's, grinning when he adjusts his glasses and clears his throat. And he can't help the tiny flutter in his stomach as Logan tightens his arm and more-or-less reciprocates the action. 

"Virgil isn't a sociopath." Roman insists softly, gazing down at the man as he trudges home in the rain. "He's actually very lonely."

Taking another peek down at the man, who has finally sobered up enough to find his way home, Logan hums lowly. Patton smirks over at him, tightening his hold on the angel's arm. "I know that tone of hum! What's going on in that big ol' noggin of yours?"

"Well," Logan begins, stifling a smirk and glancing down at Roman quickly before continuing, "do you think he knows he's lonely? Or is he simply wishing for a relationship because it's a societal expectation?"

The space around them is silent for a minute, only allowing the barely audible breath of the air to make any sort of sound. Roman sighs and brushes his fingers through his fringe, closing his eyes for a moment before looking back down at Virgil, who is finally sober enough to find his key at the bottom of his backpack. "Can't it be both?"

Logan tilts his head to the side in confusion before pondering the suggestion and nodding lightly. "I suppose so. Most humans wish to belong somewhere, and since everyone is a part of society, they would quite obviously want to feel as if they belong there... So, yes. It's very likely that he does want a relationship for both reasons."

For a few moments, all three of them are quiet. Roman then pops up with something neither Logan nor Patton expect. "I think I want to help him find 'the one'."

"You shouldn't involve yourself in human affairs."

"I think," Roman mutters distantly, as if ignoring Logan's statement, "that I'd like to try being human for a while. Perhaps see what difference I can make. I mean, my entire job is to find love for everyone, whether it's romantic, platonic..." he trails, leaving the rest of his list unsaid, though it wouldn't be too difficult to guess it. Then, after another few seconds of silent thought, he grins. "Humans seem pretty fun. I'm going to try being one to both help our dearest Virgil and to prove you wrong."

This time, he almost completely lets Logan's protests run through one ear and out of the other, simply shape-shifting into a more believable human. Clearing his back of the wings and replacing the white suit with a pair of white jeans and a crimson button up shirt. Whilst he nods his head in satisfaction at the outfit, his two friends shake their heads and practically beg him not to go. 

"It isn't safe!" Patton cries.

"You don't know the first thing about being a human." Logan reasons.

Roman merely waves to them both and drops down to a deserted area in the countryside, looking around and breathing in the fresh air around him. Earth was actually very pretty despite the shit humans were currently putting it through.

Green hills mist into grey and purple as they fade into the horizon; healthy trees speckled across barren fields; an endless cornflower blue sky, and a silence only disrupted by the sweet chirping of birds or the breath of Anemoi rustling the leaves around him. Truly a magical atmosphere.

He tries to remember where Virgil lives and once he works it out, he begins his journey to the great land of 'Las Vegas'.

Now, how the heck is he going to get there from Cheshire?
___
___
Note: I don't know how much I like this 'preview', but I really like the concept/plot of this, so I promise the actual story will be better. Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed!