drabble 2: damn incantations

prompt: "I'd drink cold coffee for you."
"Oh my God."

Requested by Clianta233

pairing: platonic prinxiety

word count: 377

warnings: strong language/swearing and mention of Remus

context: wizard/magic au
___
___
"Hey, could you do me a favour and check that this coffee doesn't have some sort of incantation on it?"

Virgil pauses for a moment. "Excuse me?"

Heaving a sigh that could quite possibly blow the entire state of California into the Earth's bright atmosphere, Roman falls back into a seat of their living room, taking a speedy glance at the door a few feet down the hallway before turning back to his friend. "Remus has been pranking me this entire week and I swear if I get one more cup of coffee that immediately turns cold as soon as I drink it, I'll explode."

"Why did you even let your brother stay with us again?" Not even the look of pure desperation on Roman's face will break him. "I'm not drinking that damn coffee."

Roman flails his limbs around, feigning a couple of sobs before turning back to his roommate and grasping both of his hands tightly in his own. And, looking deeply into the warm eyes in front of him, he changes his entire demeanor. "I would drink cold coffee for you."

And, looking right back at the blazing green eyes in front of him, Virgil replies. "Then, do it."

But the extremely offended expression on his best friend's face does break him. "Oh my God, fine!"

He holds the hot mug up to his lips and spares his friend a brief look. "Just so you know, if I die I'm haunting the hell out of you."

"And I will honourably care for your spirit until my dying day."

Virgil takes a sip of the drink and sighs in relief, quickly handing it back to Roman. "It's fine, idiot."

With a blinding grin, Roman takes his beverage back and holds it up to his own lips. "You, my friend, are the greatest wizard to ever exist and I love you."

Merely snorting, Virgil turns back to the colourful screen of his phone, only snapping his head back up when Roman screeches in frustration when he realises the incantation will only work on him.