The Silent Treatment

Snippet Request No.11

Requested by ChloeOfAsguard

Prompt: "I know you're not talking to me..."
Pairing(s): Logince
AU: None
Warnings: Arguments, insecurities, and self-depreciation
__
__
Logan sighs softly, leaning on the doorway of the Common Room with his arms folded across his chest, as his boyfriend of almost two months sits sulking on the couch in front of him. And although his back is too him, Logan already knows that Roman is glaring down at the floor.

He honestly never wants to hurt the creative Side, despite them arguing a lot, Logan does love him and wants to make him happy. Earlier that day, the Sides had had a meeting to discuss one of Roman's ideas. Most of them had been okay with it, praising it and only giving the prince one or two things he could work on. However, Logan wasn't as kind about it.

Now, he regrets being so harsh. He hadn't really meant to be and he hadn't even realised how many problems he was picking out! But he had definitely upset Roman and the others had sent him to cheer him up.

Striding over to the sofa, where his boyfriend is sitting, he takes a seat beside him and sighs, clasping his hands together nervously. "Look, I know you're not talking to me, but I'd like to explain myself and apologise. I never meant to hurt your feelings and I know that I definitely should have brought up any issues I had with your ideas in a... better way, but I suppose that I'm more blunt when it comes to you because I don't want to lie to you. A relationship, romantic or not, requires honesty, correct?"

When he doesn't get an answer, he frowns and tries to get a glimpse of his boyfriend's face. He sees a tear trail down his cheek and freezes. "Roman? Are you crying?"

"I'm okay."

"That's not what I asked. Are you crying?"

Roman bites the inside of his cheek and sniffs, taking a deep shuddering breath. But he doesn't answer his question.

Immediately, Logan feels ten times worse about the situation and slides sideways to brush his shoulder and leg against Roman's. "Roman, please talk to me. I never meant to hurt you. Especially not like this."

"I was just..." the creative facet shrugs loosely and grips his pants leg, "I was just really excited about this idea. And lately, I feel as if my ideas haven't been as good, or good at all. So, when I finally thought I had done something right..."

Logan reaches over and laces their fingers together, squeezing his hand and trying not to flush red or pull away in embarrassment. "No idea is one hundred per cent perfect. It's very difficult to come up with something perfect. Flawless. But a few ideas of yours have come very close." He pause and mentally curses himself for being so awkward. "I'm terrible at this, but I don't want you to think you aren't good enough. Because you are. You're wonderful."

A watery laugh slips through Roman's lips and he turns around to face his boyfriend, placing his free hand on top of their joined hands. "My, my. Are you flirting with me?"

Stupid man. Logan smiles and rolls his eyes.

Their eyes lock for a few seconds and Logan is suddenly very aware of how, despite being together for almost two months, he and Roman hadn't actually kissed properly yet. Roman leans a little bit closer and Logan's breathing hitches. It's not that he doesn't want to, he just doesn't know how to initiate it.

"Logan, can I kiss you?"

Eyes widening at the question, the loudly persona slowly nods, eyes fluttering shut as Roman's lips gently press against his. The kiss lasts only a couple of seconds before Logan pulls away, quickly feeling his lungs burn as he loses breath. "I care for you very much, Roman. Please don't forget that, even when we argue, or if I seem a bit harsh, I still care."

Roman smiles gratefully, pressing another quick kiss to his lips and cheek. "Okay.