Heart Did Stop

This was requested on tumblr! I'll be writing some of the requests on here soon too!!

prompt(s): "you're my new bodyguard and you're cute"

pairing(s): romantic prinxiety

word count: 2,482

warnings: strong language/swearing, violence, murder mention, graphic injury and kissing
___

Who knew a couple of dragon-witches could cause so many issues.

As Virgil paces his hotel room, he taps a rapid beat against his thigh; his new bodyguard will be there soon. His old bodyguard had been fired and Virgil can't help but be somewhat happy about that.

The man had been married and had adopted three kids, but that hadn't stopped him from being an insensitive asshole at the worst of times. And by being an asshole himself, he had placed Virgil under a bad light.

And despite his manager, PR team, and Virgil having strong words with him afterwards, he continued to be rude and unnecessarily aggressive towards fans or civilians who got too close. He'd toned it down slightly, but there had still been a few injuries to members of the paparazzi.

Virgil still remembers one signing in particular where, after he had left the venue, his bodyguard had been guiding him to his car whilst fans and paparazzi had surrounded the car. They were waving to him, some of the paparazzi asking him questions and asking for him to turn in different directions. No paparazzi photographer was harming him in any way and, for once, they weren't taking it too far and crowding too close.

But at one point, a photographer had tripped into him on his free side, immediately babbling apologies and raising his hands. Virgil had been ready to forgive him and laugh it off, but his bodyguard wasn't.

He seemed to thrive off his aggression, shoving the photographer to the ground roughly, causing the poor man to yelp in pain and knock others over as he fell. And, at that point, Virgil had had enough. He pushed past his bodyguard and had knelt down to help the photographer up, apologising profusely for his bodyguard's actions and checking him over for injuries.

His agent had been a little mad at him later for being so out in the open, what with being a famous transgender gay man and all. But in the end, she had also praised him and pushed his meeting back an hour for the next morning.

Now though, as he waits for this stranger who had surprisingly won his agent over in less than fifteen minutes, he wonders whether he should have simply stuck to his first bodyguard.

Will the anxiety be worth it in the end? What does that even mean? He doesn't want a bodyguard as aggressive as the last, but he does want someone who will do their job. The blue carpet seems to mock him, taunting him with its calming shade but offering none of that comfort whatsoever.

He sighs and sits down on the edge of his bed, resisting the temptation of warm blankets to wait for his bodyguard to arrive.

A knock sounds on the door and he jumps up, scurrying up to the peephole and looking through, figuring the strong build and attire of the man will tip Virgil off. And wow, it definitely does something.

After a moment of ogling, he takes a step back and unlocks the door, pulling it open a second later and smiling at the man on the other side. "Uh, hi. García, right?"

The man nods and smiles back at him. "Roman García, yes. May I come in?"

Virgil nods and steps aside, eyeing up his new bodyguard as he enters the room, trying to be as discreet as he can be. But damn, no wonder he'd stolen his agent's heart right off the bat.