A Crush

Requested by: Randomness823

Prompt: "We'll see about that."

Pairing(s): Logicality

Warnings: I don't think there are any? Let me know if I've missed anything!
___
___
"Why won't you believe me?"

At this point, Logan strongly believes that his poor eyesight was caused by the amount of times he's rolled his eyes at the theatre nerd that is his best friend. "Because Patton Miller and I haven't held one single conversation before. Why would he be, as you put it, 'hopelessly in love' with me?"

Pulling the strap of his satchel further onto his shoulder, he deliberately speeds up to try and deter Roman from responding. But, his best friend has never been that easy to escape. "Crushes are a thing, you know?"

"Mhm." Logan is barely listening anymore.

"Come on! I've seen him stealing glances over at you. You're hot! Why wouldn't he like you?"

There's a certain warmth to his face at the compliment, but he brushes it off in favour of arguing against his companion. "In all likelihood, you are misunderstanding his 'stealing glances at me' as merely him scanning his surroundings, or possibly daydreaming. And how about we don't get into the reasons as to why he wouldn't feel attracted to me?"

As Roman splutters and desperately attempted to protest Logan's rather self-depreciating argument, they reach a crossing and press the pedestrian crossing button. "Listen," Logan's tone leaves no room for argument, though they both know that Roman won't stop until he's correct or until there's a compromise, "I truly do appreciate your attempts to help me socialise and possibly develop a romantic relationship with someone, I do. But forcing such a thing is not going to give you the results you desire."

Roman frowns. "I'm not forcing anything! He likes you, I'll even bet on it!"

"You have nothing I want."

"I have a wicked Pokemon card collection at home?"

Logan pauses tapping the screen of his phone. "Alright, and if, by some act of God, you win this bet?"

There's a short period of silence between them. "I get your Pokemon cards?"

"Fine, but I'm only going to give you a minute to say goodbye to your precious collection when I win."

Lips tugging upwards, Roman folds his arms across his chest and feels his ears practically twitch at the sound of a familiar voice reaching the corner nearest to them. "We'll see about that."

Almost one nanosecond after finishing this thought, Roman spots a flash of baby blue and purple making their way towards them. There's a sharp gasp and a squeak before the typical mumbling of nervous teenagers ensues. Roman can just barely make out Logan's name before he spins around, grinning brightly. "Patton! Virgil! How are you both today?"

Out the corner of his eye, he sees Logan tense up and turn around at an almost comically slow speed. "We were just heading home! I didn't know you also took this route?"

As expected, Patton is a gay mess. "Oh! We don't usually, we just- Well, Virgil is doing this thing and I'm going too. But I'm not doing that thing, it's just Virgil. Yeah."

"Oh? And what thing is that? I didn't realise JDelightful did things!"

He savours the awkward eye contact currently happening between his two spectacled companions and smirks at the half-hearted glare he's sent by Virgil. "Can it, Romano."

The nickname manages to get a chuckle out of Logan, and, at that exact moment, he finally notices everything Roman had been babbling about.

A shy glance, a smile made of honey and sunlight, and a certain gleam of something unfamiliar in his eyes that sends warm fingertips trailing down Logan's spine. There's more to what Roman had seen too. Logan can see the twisting of a cardigan sleeve, the tiny step backwards, the analysation of Logan’s entire face rather than only his eyes, the way he doesn't dare turn in any other direction, and even the way he has mirrored Logan's stance.

Well then. He may just have to say goodbye to his own Pokemon card collection.

Love sucks, man.
___
___
Note: They are in their senior year of high school in this snippet.