Tap Tap

Pairing(s): Logince

Warnings: Strong language, mention of homophobia, mention of violence, mention of guns, mention of gun laws, mention of murder, and mention of death
___
___
Here he is again. Gazing out of his window, desperately anticipating the usual two taps on the glass that come almost every night.

After twenty minutes of simply staring at the glass, he decides to take a book out of the drawer in his nightstand. He smiles faintly; The ABC Murders by Agatha Christie, he was given this book as a gift and so far, he was thoroughly enjoying it. The gift giver had known of his love for a book called The Murder of Roger Ackroyd by the same author, and had decided one Christmas to buy him another. Not that he really enjoyed murder mysteries, he just knew that Logan did.

He can feel a bruising pain behind his eyes as tiredness begins to set in. But he must wait. He won't sleep yet. Not until he hears those relieving taps on his window.

Not even ten minutes later, he hears them and rushes to the window, pulling aside the curtains and unlocking the hatch keeping it closed. Roman King, his partner of two years hops in and immediately wraps him in a hug so tight, Logan can barely breathe, though he finds that he likes the feeling.

"Sorry I'm late, darling."

Logan blinks away the dampness beginning to prick at his eyes and sighs heavily, going completely limo against the man in front of him. "It's alright. You got here. That's all I care about."

Chuckling softly, Roman holds him for a minute more before holding the younger man's face in his hands and pushing him back to look at his face. Honey melting on roasted chestnuts leaves a sweet taste in his tongue as he mumbles the name of his forbidden lover quietly. "Roman... How long will you stay tonight?"

Suddenly, the fond smile he had has vanished and been replaced by a solemn frown. "I can only stay for an hour or so, I'm afraid. My parents will come in to check on me at eleven."

Heart sinking in disappointment, Logan nods and hums in response.

He hates this. Having to hide the overwhelming affection he holds for his partner. Not being able to see him whenever he likes. His parents don't agree with their type of relationship and would surely kick him out if they found out about it. As well as shooting Roman on sight. And Roman's parents, bless their hearts, don't want to upset anybody. They want to respect his parents' wishes, so they don't allow Roman over to see him.

Roman seems to notice his lover's sorrow because he soon pulls Logan over to his bed, lays down, and gently drags Logan up so he can curl up beside him. His right hand instantly brushes through the wavy black locks on Logan's head, fingers twisting and gently pulling out all of the tangles he can find. The pads of his fingers lightly scrape the top of Logan's head, reminding him that he's here. He's right next to him. And that there's no need for him to be afraid.

"Do you think we'll have to hide like this for much longer?" Logan asks, his voice a mere whisper, "Because I'm getting very tired of this forbidden tryst we're having, rather than an actual relationship."

He cringes at the bitterness laced within his words, but doesn't take them back, because they're the truth. Logan is exhausted. He simply wants to be with his boyfriend like any other normal couple. He wants to show him off, hold his hand in public places, move into an apartment with him, get a cat together (because dogs are too much work), and kiss him.

A lump grows in his throat as he's reminded of the fact that they've never even kissed.

They both want to. More than anything, but then their first kiss would be tainted with the memory of being trapped within Logan's parents' beliefs at the age of twenty. He was more than old enough to move out and be with who he wanted, but he just wasn't ready for such a change. Where would he go? It's not like he has a job. He wants one, but it's a very competitive job market.

Roman shrugs one shoulder defeatedly. "I'm still not being paid enough to support us both. Any luck on finding a job?"

He's been offered one, but that means change, so he's absolutely terrified to take it. After a second, he glances up at Roman and bites his lip. Should he tell him? Would he be angry at Logan for not taking it the second he was offered? "I've been offered."

The way Roman's body tenses in anticipation causes Logan's chest to seize up with guilt. "I haven't taken it yet. But I have until Thursday to decide."

"Ah."

Roman is trying to understand, he truly is, and he would never want Logan to do something that would be bad for his mental health. But he can't help feeling a small spark of irritation burn at his lungs.

Immediately sensing his anger, Logan looks up at him and rolls his eyes. "I'm going to take it, halfwit. I just needed a short period of time to prepare myself for it."

"I'm not a halfwit, don't be rude."

Their arguing was playful and Logan appreciated the feeling of normalcy greatly. "Mhm, sure."

Turning his head to look down at his partner, Roman sticks his tongue out and snickers at the astronomy student lying beside him. Logan stifles an adoring grin and rolls his eyes yet again, feeling Roman's warm finger tuck a few strands of hair behind his ear. He then gazed back up at his lover's face, feeling his heart sink as he sees the alarm clock on his nightstand read 21:55. Thirty-five minutes until Roman has to leave. It takes a little while to get back to his house.

Roman notices where his boyfriend's eye have strayed to and grabs his chin softly, but firmly, turning his face to look back at him. "Just don't look, sweetheart." He then gathers Logan further into his arms and takes a shaky breath. "Don't look."

They stay like this for a while, talking about anything and everything they can in the short time slot they have.

Soon, though, the flashing red letters on Logan's alarm clock read 22:30 and Roman reluctantly sits up, dragging Logan with him. They both silently curse the time for passing so quickly and stand up, completing their usual routine. Roman climbs out of the window, stands on the large windowsill outside and turns back, pressing a firm and loving kiss to his boyfriend's cheek before carefully climbing down the wall and rushing back home.

Logan won't cry. He will just sit here. He'll just sit here and he'll wait for those two taps at his window yet again.
___
___
Note: Not Prinxiety?! What is going on?! Is the world imploding?!

Yes.