Home

Pairing(s): Prinxiety (I swear I'm writing a Logince oneshot AND a LAMP one shot)

Warnings: Strong language, brief talks of breaking up, brief mention of infidelity, and anxiety
___
___
"Babe, 'The Nightmare Before Christmas' is better than 'Corpse Bride' in every conceivable way."

On the other side of his laptop screen sat his boyfriend, giving him a false scoff before moving on to explaining why 'Corpse Bride' was such an amazing movie. Virgil rolls his eyes and smiles fondly, listening to his boyfriend's reasons, which are mostly about how love was presented so beautifully since he's always been the biggest hopeless romantic Virgil has ever known. He sighs and nods along, secretly admiring the way he can still see the blurry golden flecks in the eyes of his boyfriend, who is being shown on a rather terrible camera.

Roman sits up a little straighter and tuts disapprovingly. "How can you not love 'Corpse Bride'?"

"I do," Virgil replies with a slight smirk, "but a guy falling in love with the rotting corpse of a woman who died around three years before the movie took place kind of freaks me out."

A chuckle slips through Roman's lips and Virgil feels something in his chest light up. He waits for his boyfriend to write something down in his study notebook before leaning forward to try and get a better view of Roman's dorm room. It's actually pretty nice, nicer than the typical university dorm room, anyway.

The walls aren't covered in any paint, but Virgil thinks that that's intentional. An attempt to make the room look more sophisticated in a strange 'art student' sort of way'. Instead of paint, he can see the large grey bricks layered neatly atop one another. They are different widths, which, for some reason, actually looks kind of nice.

His desk is clearly made of the typical cheap pine used in most other schools for their desks, but the colour is a little darker, which makes it look a little more expensive, though Virgil has no idea why. From the ceiling, a single light bulb hangs. Virgil can't see why they don't just put light shades on them. It just looks tacky without one.

"Okay!" Roman's bold voice snatches him out of his thoughts and back to reality, where he is sitting on his bed in his own unextraordinary bedroom. "I have just finished an essay due for tomorrow, so you now have me all to yourself!"

Virgil breathes out a laugh and comments on how Roman hadn't been paying much attention to the essay anyway. At this, Roman smiles and rolls his eyes, merely humming in response and scribbling his name at the top of the page. "Whatever you say, darling."

That pet name somehow still manages to bring a tiny speckle of pink to his cheeks even four years after getting with the theatre student.

Roman had been studying at a theatre school in some place Virgil had never heard of before for around two years, only coming back for occasional visits and Facetiming Virgil at every opportunity. It still hurt to see his face through a screen rather than in real life. The university was so strict that Roman had only been able to visit twice in those two years at Christmas.

The more he thinks about it, the more his eyes sting and his throat closes up and-

"Virgil?" Roman's voice is so full of concern that it only tugs at Virgil's heart even harder. "Are you okay, love? I didn't say anything that offended you, did I?"

Letting out a half-laugh, half-sob, Virgil shakes his head and dabs at his eyes with the sleeve of his jacket. "I just," he clears his throat to try and stop it from cracking, "I just really miss you."

Roman's eyes immediately soften and he smiles lovingly through the screen at him. "Oh, sweetheart... I miss you too. What brought this on? Or was it just..."