Can't Sleep

Snippet Request No.1

Requested by Silver____Angel

Prompt: "Go back to sleep."
AU: University
Pairing(s): Implied romantic Logicality
Warnings: None
__
__
"Hey, Logan-"

"For the love of God, Patton. Go back to sleep." Logan grumbles tiredly into his pillow, burying his head beneath the weighted blue comforter.

Logan had been sympathetic when Patton told him about a leak in his dorm room roof, and he had been somewhat reluctant when Patton had asked to stay in his room, but had kindly allowed the older student to stay with him for the week it would take to fix the problem in his room. However, he was now beginning to regret the decision.

For the past three nights, Patton had woken Logan up with silly insignificant questions at early hours of the morning, and as expected, tonight was no exception. Patton shifts around in his sleeping bag on the floor so he's facing Logan's bed and gazes up at him. "But Logan, if we call oranges 'oranges', why don't we call bananas 'yellows'?"

As Logan sighs heavily at the question, he can feel the material of his pillow heat up against his skin. He doesn't know whether it's a good thing or a bad thing that he can actually answer Patton's question. "Because many believe that the name for oranges came from the Sanskrit word for 'fragrant', which is 'naranja'. Meanwhile, the word banana is thought to have been derived from the Arab word for 'finger'. Now please, go to sleep."

A pause. "You're really smart, y'know?"

For some reason, the almost shy tone in his voice raises a pink flush to his cheeks and he desperately tries to ignore the sudden spinning he can feel in his chest. "Uh- Thank you, Patton."

A quiet laugh sounds from Patton's sleeping bag and Logan pretends that he isn't silently swooning over how sweet it is. "You're welcome. And, seriously, thank you for letting me stay here this week."

Shrugging loosely, Logan tucks his blanket further under his chin and mumbles out a response he hopes sounds polite, finding that he is unable to really say much. They both lie in a comfortable silence for a minute until Patton once again asks Logan why tomatoes are considered a fruit, but this time, Logan simply smiles fondly and rolls his eyes.

"Well, tomatoes are a fruit because..."