New Feeling

requested by -Satan_-

prompt(s): "he's in love with you, you know"

pairing(s): romantic loceit

word count: 549

warnings: swearing/strong language and Deceit
___
There was a knock on Deceit's door, sending a spike of nerves down his spine. Because Remus never knocks. And no one else visits his room.

He spins slowly in his chair and stands, taking a few hesitant steps forward. Before he opens the door however, he straightens out his cape and plasters on a neutral expression.

A corner of his lips twitches up as he takes in the hooded figure standing behind the door. "Good evening, Virgil. I was totally expecting you."

"Whatever. Let me in, snake."

Raising his eyebrows, Deceit huffs out a quiet laugh. "Quite a way of asking, Anxiety. What makes you think I'll let you in-"

Virgil shoves past him and sits on the edge of Deceit's bed, hands curled up in his lap. This time, Deceit takes a little longer to school his expression once again, startled by the aggressiveness of his entrance.

"What do you want?" Deceit asks, gradually giving into his frustration.

Saying nothing for a moment, Virgil simply sits there, staring at the carpet with an expression Deceit can't quite decipher. Eventually though, he looks back up and meets his gaze, dark eyes soft and yet, cold. "He's in love with you, you know."

Deceit can only stammer and swallow anxiously, which is ironic, considering who he's talking to.

He let's his gaze flicker between his desk and the facet sitting on his bed. "Pardon? Who is 'in love with me'?"

"Logan, obviously."

"I don't really see what's so obvious about it." Deceit says.

Virgil's eyes narrow. "You two have been flirting back and forth for months, how could you not know who I meant?"

Deceit swallows again, chest and stomach filling with moths and butterflies alike.

Taking his silence entirely the wrong way, Virgil scowls, clenching his fingers into fists. His eyes seems to burn dangerously. Hot enough to burn him from three feet away.

"Have you just been fucking with him?" he asks, voice dark and quiet.

Deceit immediately shakes his head, unable to lie this time. "No! Not at all. I merely thought he was aromantic, or that he wouldn't be interested in me."

Frown softening, Virgil sighs and stands up. "Well, he does. And as long as you take care of him, I won't stand in your way. But if I hear one bad thing, just one, I'll maim you. We clear?"

Not believing for a second that Virgil would use any form of violence against him, Deceit is tempted to laugh, but the stakes are too high right now.

"Of course."

Once Virgil leaves, Deceit will ponder his plan of action for an hour. But after that hour, he'll tire of all the planning and sink down to Logan's room, turning to where he's sitting and reading on his bed. Before Logan can say anything, Deceit will lean over and kiss him. Quick and soft, whispering his feelings to him as if it is a secret.

But right now, he let's the nerves and excitement bubble in his stomach, and allows himself to smile. Virgil seems to notice and he smiles too.

For now, he'll bask in this new feeling.