Domestic Text Convo#3: Make Things Clear

Note: I need some motivation for writing some angst because, surprisingly, I haven't written much of that in a while, so here is another text conversation. Hope you enjoy!

AU: Human

Pairing(s): Platonic Logince

Warnings: Self-deprecation, mention of skipping meals, and mention of sickness
__
__
Nerd🤓: Is there something wrong?

Roman: No, why?

Nerd🤓: I can hear a consistent thumping against the wall connecting our rooms together.

Roman: I'm okay, don't worry.

Nerd🤓: Because I have known you since high school, I am inclined to disagree.

Nerd🤓: What's the matter?

Roman: I just can't think of anything!!

Nerd🤓: What do you mean?

Roman: You know how I'm taking that acting course?

Nerd🤓: Yes. All too well.

Roman: I feel as if I should be offended by that comment.

Nerd🤓: Well, when you are 'blessed' with 3AM notifications with ridiculous messages about how you are a 'theatre kid' despite being 27 years old, you begin to consider methods of destroying that person's phone without making it look intentional.

Roman: First of all, ouch.

Roman: Secondly, just drop it in the toilet and act as if you thought it was yours??? We have the same type of phone after all.

Nerd🤓: Why are you helping me come up with a way to destroy your phone?

Roman: Just because.

Nerd🤓: Ah. You're trying to distract me.

Roman: Darn.

Nerd🤓: Tell me what's wrong, Roman.

Roman: I'm going to fail

Nerd🤓: I certainly doubt that, but why?

Roman: All I have to do is learn this stupid script for next week and I haven't even memorised the first line!!

Roman: How am I supposed to pass this course at all if I can't even memorise one goddamn line??! I can't! That's the answer. I just can't!!

Nerd🤓: Could I tell you a story?

Roman: I gues

Roman: *guess

Nerd🤓: When we were in college together, we both took English Literature. Do you remember that exam on 'A Farewell To Arms' by Ernest Hemingway?

Roman: The name still gives me chills

Nerd🤓: By that reply, I'm guessing that you do.

Nerd🤓: Well, I got a C- simply because I stressed myself out too much, only concentrating on the material for the exam. But do you know what I forgot to do?

Roman: Idk, highlight something???

Nerd🤓: No. I forgot to concentrate on my OWN wellbeing. I would skip meals to finish reading an extract, and I'd stay up all night to write and rewrite practice responses to past exam questions. By far the worst thing I did however, was act as if I was no longer a human being, and pretend that going to bathroom was something I could easily control. It made me sick, and I almost missed the exam I was nearly killing myself over.

Roman: Oh

Nerd🤓: I don't want you to do the same thing, so leave the script for tonight and get some sleep. Tomorrow after you've eaten breakfast and drank some coffee, you can work on it again.

Roman: I just don't want to fail and lose my chance at getting into the acting business, you know?

Nerd🤓: I know. But you getting yourself worked up over one exam isn't going to shorten your journey to success, so sleep.

Nerd🤓: Roman?

Nerd🤓: I swear to God, I'll come in there if I have to.

Roman: Alright alright!! I'm going to bed!

Nerd🤓: Good. Acquire as much sleep as possible, please.

Roman: I will if you do

Nerd🤓: Of course. And I'll ask Patton if we can let you sleep in for a little longer than usual in the morning, okay? Sleep will help you to concentrate.

Roman: Thank you, Specs.

Nerd🤓: Don't go thanking me yet. It may not be too easy to convince Patton since he believes that sleeping in will only worsen your health. Both mental and physical.

Roman: Oh hush, you have him wrapped around your finger!! You can do it!

Roman: And that isn't exactly what I was thanking you for. Though, I am grateful

Nerd🤓: What are you thanking me for, then?

Roman: Being there. And just being your little nerdy self. For making things just a little bit clearer.

Nerd🤓: Oh. Well, you're welcome. I'll always be here to help if I'm needed!

Roman: Awwwwwww love you, Logan!!!

Nerd🤓: Yes, I know, now go to sleep.

Roman: Fiiiiiiiine!🙄Goodnight, friendo😴👋👋

Nerd🤓: Sweet dreams, halfwit.