Like a Dream - Part 3

Marcus' Point of View

We had searched for hours. We have seen a few boats but no Morgana. The pilot had to get sleep for the night and he told us that we could come back to search in the morning. We flew back and stayed in a hotel for the night.

"I'm so sorry Morgana. I will find you. We'll be okay. You'll be okay. I will keep my promise as much as I can. I love you." I whispered to myself before falling asleep.

**The next morning**

I woke up and woke everyone else up. We were supposed to meet for another helicopter soon. We got ready fast and out the door we were. We got right to the helicopter and started our search.

Hours and hours went by and we still found nothing. Eventually we came across a small island, about the size of 2-3 football fields. We landed in an opening and we started searching. I could hear the icy waves rushing up on shore. That's the way I started heading. I had a strong feeling that something or someone was over here.

I hopped through some trees, towards the sound of the sea. I eventually got to a beach. I began to walk down it in search of anything. As I kept walking, I saw something washed up on shore. Was that Morgana? No it couldn't be. The figure was laying on the ground, all wet with a red top and navy bottom. That was Morgana! I started running towards her, running so fast my feet were barely on the ground. As I got closer I saw her laying there, lifeless. I saw that she wasn't breathing.

"No!" I shouted as I ran over to her. "I found her! Get over here! Hurry!" I screamed back to where I was running from. Hoping someone would hear me and rush to help her. I began simple CPR but it didn't work. I began to give her mouth to mouth but that wasn't working either. I continued to give her CPR for the next 5-10 minutes.

"Come on Morgana. Please come back. I love you." That's when she coughed up water and opened her eyes. When she saw me her eyes got watery.

"Marcus..." Morgana whispered to me, coughing.

"Shh, it's okay. You're okay now. I'm going to get you to a hospital okay? You'll be okay." I told her, cradling her head in my hands.

"Do you love-" she started coughing, "- love me?" She asked me.

"Of course!" I said, tears in my eyes. I couldn't lose her again. I just got her back.

"Marcus, I can tell I don't have much time. So you have to do something, because it may be the last time you can do this." She whispered with a groggy voice.

"What is it?" I asked her. Tears were rolling down my cheeks. I love her, and I can't lose her.

"Listen to my heartbeat." She said and coughed more.

I laid down next to her, scared that if I moved her she could stop breathing again. I hugged her and listened to her heartbeat.

"Marcus, I have something for you." She told me as she started moving her shaking hand to her pocket. She pulled out a piece of paper with words on it. "Read this and then my journal. I want you to know my side of our story." I nodded.

"Anything for you." I responded.

After a few seconds, her heart slowed down, almost to a stop. I quickly moved away and looked her in the eyes.

"Marcus I can't hold on anymore. I love you." She coughed, tears in her eyes.

"Don't say that. You'll be okay. We just have to get you back to the hospital. You're going to make it through this and we will have our happily ever after. I promised to make you happy and after you're feeling better we will travel the world and-" she cut me off.

"I'm sorry." She managed to say before she closed her eyes and didn't open them again. When she closed her eyes, a single tear fell from her eyes, onto the warm, orange sand. Her breathing stopped and so did her heartbeat.

Just then Martinus and Anna came running down the beach. I was crying, trying to give her more CPR.

"Please Morgana! Don't leave me!" I shouted in frustration and tears. Martinus and Anna took over from there and I don't remember anything other than getting into the helicopter and holding Morgana's cold, stiff hand all the way to the hospital.

A/N this story is almost done! Once this book is finished, I will be starting my new book "Interrogation" so stay tuned for that! I might upload once more today, but if not see you next week!