I'm sorry, Everything will be okay

Morgana's Point of View

I couldn't breathe but I could hear. I heard the crashes of the ocean, whispering to me. I heard the voice of the wind, blowing all the trees. I heard the sounds of the mountains, gently singing to me. But most of all, I heard silence. A silence that I knew, wasn't getting louder. An inescapable silence. An emptiness. Was this what happened after death?

Anna's words rung through my ears, "Everything will be okay." They kept repeating themselves, over and over again.

That's when I heard him. His voice. Marcus was talking to me.

"I love you." I heard him say before I woke up and coughed out water. I felt so weak, so lifeless.

"Marcus?" I said and started coughing.

"Shh, it's okay. You're okay now. I'm going to get you to a hospital okay? You'll be okay." He said back, I could see tears in his eyes.

"Do you love-" I started coughing again. "-love me?" I asked him.

"Of course!" He responded, with watery eyes.

"Marcus, I can tell I don't have much time. So you have to do something, because it may be the last time you can do this." I said to him in a whisper.

"What is it?" He asked me, now with tears on his cheeks.

"Listen to my heartbeat." I said and coughed more.

He laid down next to me and lightly put his head on my chest.

"Marcus, I have something for you." I told him as I started to grab the song from my pocket. "Read this and then my journal. I want you to know my side of our story." I said and he nodded.

"Anything for you." He responded.

After a few seconds, I felt my heart slow down, almost to a stop. I felt my strength fading away. This was it. Marcus quickly moved away and looked me in the eyes.

"Marcus I can't hold on anymore. I love you." I whispered, tears in my eyes.

"Don't say that. You'll be okay. We just have to get you back to the hospital. You're going to make it through this and we will have our happily ever after. I promised to make you happy and after you're feeling better we will travel the world and-" I cut him off.

"I'm sorry." I managed to say before I closed my eyes and couldn't open them again.

I felt a tear roll down the side of my face. I lost everything. My love, my life. My story could never be told right from start to finish, as I'm the only one who knows all the details. Why'd it have to end this way? This isn't what I had planned, Marcus and I were going to grow old together. We were going to be happy and have a family. Why me?

A/N Comment your thoughts! I won't be uploading until next week! This story is almost done, then you guys can checkout my upcoming book, Interrogation!