Marcus' Point of View

**The next day**

Morgana has been in the hospital since last night. She had to get a surgery to get the water out of her lungs. The doctors told us to be ready for anything because Morgana could either wake up or die at any point. The doctor told us to stay in the waiting room for a while and they still haven't let us in Morgana's room.

Anna fell asleep on Martinus' lap last night and she still hasn't woken up. As long as she's asleep, she can forget about this whole thing. Dreams allow you to escape from reality. I can't sleep however. I'm too worried about Morgana. She doesn't deserve this. I still haven't read the paper Morgana gave me. Reading it would make me too upset. I will eventually read it, but when I'm with her. I will read it to her.

Just then the doctor came out.

"Mr. Gunnarsen?" They called. We had to put a name on her so we put our names.

I stood up and walked over.

"Yes? Is she okay?" I asked.

"The surgery went well, but we're not sure how long she has to live." The doctors told me.

"What are the chances?" I asked, scared of the answer.

"She has a 11% chance of living." They told me in response.

"Okay. Based on how she's doing, do you think she will make it?" I asked again, tears in my eyes. 11% isn't very much.

"Well it's hard to say. I don't want to suggest the wrong idea." They told me.

"Okay. Can we see her?" I asked.

"Yes, she doesn't look the best but don't let that scare you."

"Thank you." I said and started walking to Morgana's room. Walking is an understatement, I was basically running.

When I got there I saw Morgana laying there, peacefully. The doctors were right, she didn't look very good. She had stitches on her head, her head probably got cut open in the sea. Her chest had stitches from the surgery too. The doctors had cleaned her up and washed her skin but I could still see the fresh cuts and bruises on her face and upper body.

I took a seat next to her and held her hand. I rubbed the top of her hand with my thumb as I sat there, hoping she would wake up.

"It's okay. You're okay. You're in the hospital now, everything's going to be fine. Just, wake up for me, okay? Don't rush, but wake up someday, someday soon. Until that day, I won't leave your side. You mean everything to me Morgana." I said to her as we sat there. Tears were rolling down my cheeks. "This is all my fault. I knew about your dream but I still couldn't keep my promise to protect you. I'm sorry, I will never forgive myself."

Martinus and Anna ran in. Anna came rushing in first then Martinus came rushing in after. I got up so they could sit next to her for a little while, but I still didn't leave her side. Anna was crying and Martinus was holding back tears. Ever since that day at the dog park, I have loved Morgana. She was the one for me, the one that belonged in my heart.

We are all born with two of almost everything. Two Parents to love us, two arms to use for hugging, two legs for running into each other's arms, two lungs to live and breathe every moment together. But we're only born with one heart, why? Because there is someone out there who has your second heart, your hearts beat for each other. Without your heartbeat, you're lifeless. Without the second person's heartbeat, your life has almost no meaning.

**1 hour later**

I'm the only one in the room with Morgana now. Anna and Martinus left about 10 minutes ago. I still haven't read the paper she gave me, or her journal. As much as I want to read her side of our story, I want her to tell me herself. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I feel that if I read her journal, I'm giving up on her. I will never give up on her and I hope she knows and realizes that. 11% may not be much, but it's something. Enough to hold on with.

A/N Hey guys! I'm sorry if anything in this chapter either offended or upset you. The part about having two of almost everything, I know a lot of people may not have some of those things. Once again, I'm sorry if anything in this chapter upset or offended you, those weren't my intentions. Love you all! If you have any problems with this chapter, please contact me!