You're Home | Peter Parker (TH)

requested by Tinamissy

if you recently requested something on the last spider-man book, please transfer the request to the request page on this book. it'll really help me out.

and i'm sorry if i sound like a broken record, but please pray for me. my entire family is sick with bronchitis and i think i'm coming down with it, too. it left my little sisters bedridden for a week and i can't afford to miss school, especially since i have midterms next week. on top of that, someone hit my car and my dad and i have to somehow find the $500 to pay for it. i'm almost out of money, i only manage to get three hours of sleep or less a night, and i'm seriously just tired. please pray. i can't take this anymore.

//

A few years ago, when you woke up, you would read a text from Peter that said good morning and a bunch of other things, like how he was so excited to see you (even if he had just seen you the day before) and how much he loved you. He would send you a Snapchat of him laying in bed so you would send him one back, and he would comment over and over again about how beautiful you looked in your baggy sweatshirt and no makeup.

But now, you just got a simple good morning.

You guessed it was your fault. When Peter had proposed three months ago, you had said yes without hesitation. Your love was at its peak then.

But while he wanted to get married right away, you didn't.

It wasn't that you weren't eager, because you were, but you were nineteen and still living with your parents. You weren't independent at all - and with Peter being an Avenger, he would be gone a lot and therefore you would often be alone.

And when you told that to Peter, it hurt him. And now he was distant.

At first it was just like you had hurt his feelings. He didn't light up when you looked at him anymore, he just looked disappointed. In you, maybe. Probably.

But after a few weeks of him acting that way, it just stuck. It was like he was used to being cold and distant. You would visit the Avengers headquarters like always, but he wouldn't talk much. When he held your hand, he didn't do it with much feeling at all. It was like he was falling out of love with you very slowly. And you knew that a breakup was coming soon.

Sometimes you thought that you might as well end it. Just get it over with. But you loved Peter so much, even now - now that the love was almost one sided.

And so you kept with it, pretending to be happy when you really weren't.

Morning, babe. Want to grab breakfast at our cafe with me?

He answered ten minutes after.

FROM: Peter

Already ate

You sighed. He never wanted to spend time with you like he used to. A few minutes later, he added:

Sorry

You typed back fast. You always did, to show that he meant something to you. Plus, you could catch him before he put his phone down.

It's okay. I'll see you for dinner tonight. Love you