Welcome Home | Peter Parker (TH)

older!peter x reader requested by -daysies

guys stop messaging me asking when your request will be out. i don't know. i'm doing my best here trying to get everything out. please be aware that your request is one of two hundred on my to be written list.

now y'all can see the thrilling sequel of me proposing to jacob -

and y'all he doesn't answer me smh

//

Peter held the cup of hot tea in his hands and stared at the steam coming off the top. He sighed and rubbed the bridge of his nose, squeezing his eyes shut at the sound of feet patting down the hallway. 

"Good morning, sweetie," you yawned, walking in. 

"Oh," he said, "good morning. I thought you were one of the kids." He gave you a weak attempt at a smile. "Tea is on the stove."

You nodded and grabbed a mug out of a cabinet. You looked at your husband with worried eyes. "Are you alright, honey?"

"I don't, uh, want the kids to see me, you know..." He lifted his shoulders and dropped them, crossing his arms across his chest and moving his finger to wipe at his burning, watering eyes. "I just don't."

"Peter," you said, walking to the table. You pulled the chair that was beside him out and sat down, reaching across the table to take his hand. He looked at you while you rubbed his ring finger, moving the ring that had been on his hand for five years now. "Your children would never think their dad was weak for crying. We taught them that crying was okay to do, no matter what."

"Yeah," he whispered, moving his fingers to rub the top of your hand. "I just don't want them to know how... how hard this is." He swallowed. 

"We don't have to go," you said softly. "I'll call Steve and tell him that you just can't."

"I have to," he said. "I've put it off for so long."

"Yeah," you agreed. "Well, I'll be right beside you the whole time." 

"I love you," he sighed. 

"I know," you said, winking. He laughed softly and you stood up, leaning over and pecking his lips softly. "I'll get the honey for your tea and then get the kids ready."

...

Two hours later, you had all three kids dressed, fed, and ready. A baby on your hip and a toddler calmly playing on a tablet, you grabbed the diaper bag and put it on your shoulder.