a very important note: my future here

hey everyone.

as of late, the harassment has gotten out of control. it used to be just because of what i did/did not write or believe in, but now it's for everything. if someone doesn't like that i don't put a spoiler warning months after infinity war, if i take up for myself, if i do anything at all, i get hateful messages, comments, and get tagged in stories of people telling me that i shouldn't be alive. i've had people tell me that i needed to write certain things for them/do things for them because they prayed for my aunt before she passed away. i've had people assume the worst things about me and spread the rumors.

i don't get it. i don't understand what i did wrong to you guys. i've always been kind, even to those that were not kind to me, but you guys take that as weakness. but it isn't weakness, because if you knew the strength it took to be kind instead of fight, you'd get it.

i'm leaving wattpad. i'm not stopping writing, like some of y'all want (you will be seeing my name on shelves one day, y'all!) but i am leaving this toxic website. it is full of people that just try their hardest to make others miserable. you preach about including everyone and being accepting and nice, yet that doesn't apply to me anymore when i've done nothing.

i will leave wattpad whenever my laptop comes back in (hopefully fixed) and for now, i will write still on here, but i won't add personal author's notes or respond to most comments.

i hate that it has come to this. my heart is so heavy. i loved this website and writing for you guys, but i'm not going to waste my time putting stuff out there just to read dozens of comments and messages telling me how horrible i am as response.

as for my future as a writer, i will be starting someplace new. if you wish to read my work still, message me. i will give you the information - because those of you that are kind to me and enjoy my work shouldn't have to deal with this.

i love you all still, even those of you that have persecuted me. it's my job to show God's love and mercy, and here it is. this is what it looks like.

much love,

mariah