Betrayed (part three) | Peter Parker (TH/AG) / Harry Osborn (JF)

it's hard to believe that it's the end of march... and it's hard to believe that i'm already planning on what to write up until my vacation, which is in the end of may! so infinity war comes out april 27th and i want to write a long series that will end that night (and it'll be the last imagine that doesn't possibly feature infinity war spoilers) and i'm looking for ideas! after the end of this series, in about one or two parts, i'll post a couple of disney themed requests, maybe a few andrew or flash requests, and then i'll start the infinity war series. but yeah, i need ideas, because i want to make it really long and stuff it with any of your theories! 

i loved loved loved this part 

y'all will see why

//

Peter was getting a headache from overthinking. He would go over what happened again and again. First, you were kidnapped from your home. There was no struggle. Then, Peter was blamed by everyone. When he found you in the basement of Harry Osborn, he was arrested. And you were the one that said he was guilty. 

He would go over this chain of events again and again, until he swore he was going crazy. He would start pulling on the messy strands of his hair, itch in his jumpsuit, and be on the verge of tears. 

He wasn't angry. He was worried. 

What had happened? Why did you trust Harry? What did he do?

And was he still in that hospital room with you?

He dropped his head into his hands, pulling at his hair. His scalp stung as he yanked, but he didn't stop. He was going to go crazy inside of this little room, if he kept on worrying about you so bad. 

Someone hit the bars. He jumped, thinking it was one of the officers, but when he looked up, it was Mr. Stark. 

He stood up. "Mr. Stark," he said, tripping over his feet. He grabbed the bars and pressed himself against them. "H-How did you know I was here?"

"It doesn't take long for news to travel to me," he said. He sighed. "Now how in the heck did you get yourself in this mess?"

"It wasn't me! You gotta believe me, Mr. Stark. I found her in his basement," he said, tears filling up, lips quivering. He was so tired of people not believing him. "He - he had like, a lab. And I don't know what he was doing to her, but now she thinks I'm the bad guy and-" When he choked on tears, Mr. Stark closed his eyes and shook his head. 

He held up a hand to silence him. "Kid. I believe you."

Peter sniffed. "Y-You do?" He wiped his nose with his sleeve, feeling like he was fifteen again, barely starting out as a superhero. 

"Of course I do," Mr. Stark said, giving him a gentle smile. "I'm trying to get to the bottom of this. I know you love that girl more than anything. You've been a thorn in my side for five years, Mr. Parker, and most of that pain comes from your incredibly annoying love for her." Peter almost smiled as Mr. Stark shook his head again. He reached in the bars and put his fingers on Peter's. "So hang tight, kid. I've got people working on this. You'll get out of here, I promise."

Peter nodded. "What, uh, what kind of people do you have working on this?"

"Uh, a new friend of mine," he said, nodding. "Mr. Lang introduced him to me, and yeah. He should be in touch with you pretty soon."

He furrowed his eyebrows. "Oh, yeah? Wow, What, is he a lawyer or something?" Peter asked. 

"Or something," Mr. Stark said. "It's definitely or something."

...

Peter laid in his too short, too skinny bed and stared up at the ceiling. A patch of black mold was growing overhead, and he swore he could see it move. Of course, this was his only source of entertainment, so maybe he was hoping it was moving.

He sighed and closed his eyes. He hummed under his breath, trying to focus on his breathing. Mr. Stark said all he had to do was hang tight, and he'd be out of his cell soon, probably go to trial. Mr. Stark probably had some killer evidence on his side and then everyone would know that he was actually innocent. 

"Just hang in there, Peter," he murmured to himself. "Just hang in there, Spider-Man." He took a deep breath and opened his eyes. 

Half a second later, he jumped up. The patch of black mold had moved. He sat up. 

"What the-"

It had moved right to his bed. He yelped and threw himself onto the floor, reaching one foot up to stomp on the patch of living mold. 

"Wait! Wait, wait, wait - dude!" 

"Wha-"

"It's me, Peter."

Peter stood up. "S-Scott?"

"Hey, buddy."

Peter pushed his hair out of his eyes and leaned close to the bed. It wasn't actually a patch of mold at all, but a swarm of ants. And in the middle stood Scott Lang, shrunken down the the size of an ant himself. "What the heck are you doing?"

"Breaking you out of here!" he hissed. "Except you almost squished my swarm, you giant effin' loser-"

"I thought Mr. Stark was bringing me your lawyer!" he whispered loudly. "Not planning a break out for me!"

"What, you think the last time I went to prison I got a lawyer? I just broke out! I can't afford a lawyer."

Peter sighed and played with his hair again. "You really freaked me out, man."

"I know. It was so funny." He snickered loudly. "Anyway, we gotta get going. Harry Osborn is currently at his place. We've got Steve, Sam, and Natasha watching him there, and Wanda is visiting your girlfriend to keep an eye on her."

"The whole team is helping?" Peter asked. 

"Pretty much."

Peter grinned. For the first time in a long time, it felt, he actually had hope. 

"Hope and Mr. Pym are in the middle of disarming the alarms. As you can see, we've got ants covering the cameras, and... now all you gotta do is let us shrink you down."

"You're kidding," Peter said. 

"I am not," he said. "Time to be a different kind of bug, bug-boy."

"A spider is not a bug," he muttered. 

Scott held up a tiny finger. "So help me, I'll leave you here."

"