Letters (part one) | Ned Leeds

this wasn't requested but ned makes me happy and is necessary to make my heart heal lol

this is an older!ned because um, yes (heart eyes) and it is very different from what i've written before! also this has a lot of comic cameos so... see if you can spot 'em all (if you're fans of the comics too!!!)

//

___,

Michelle told me that the best way to tell you these things was through a letter, so I'm writing this to you and sending her to take it to you later. Hopefully she won't read it because you know how I don't like people reading anything I write (so if you are, go away, Michelle!).

Anyway, I'm writing you this to remind you that it's been four years since I asked you out to our homecoming dance. We were just supposed to go as friends, but somehow we ended up having our first kiss that night during your favorite song. You looked really pretty that night. Even though we were just friends then, I remember telling you that.

I also remember telling you that I was the "guy in the chair" and knew Spider-Man. It was our third date and right after The Last Jedi. You just laughed at me, and when I said that I wasn't kidding, you said, "I'm sorry, I just can't believe anything after that crap they fed us in the new Star Wars movie." And I laughed and didn't feel so nervous about telling you that Peter and I had been lying to you for months. But we did have an argument later when I actually told you. Anyway...

Point is, you forgave me. You forgave me for lying to you about Spider-Man and for thinking (like an idiot) that you had feelings for Peter and not being able to save you like he could. I know you don't like to think about what happened when Hobgoblin came and I don't either, but it's important because you're safe and home now and I am just really grateful that you're okay. Thanks to Peter, and not to me - even though you thank me for being a hero, I'm not.

This is getting sad. But you knew I screwed up. I shouldn't have trusted Kingsley and I'm an idiot for doing so. I really let you down last year. I wasn't myself. When you ended things then, I was so relieved. I could have hurt you. Whatever Kingsley did to me to cover his tracks... I don't know. It screwed everything up.

But again, you forgave me. How? I still can't understand it. You didn't believe any of those news reporters or any of those people at the Daily Bugle. You didn't believe a word from Betty Brant. After all that had happened, you believed me.

I guess that's when I realized that you really really really loved me and would do anything for you. I would do anything for you, too, babe. I love you so so so so so much. You're probably reading this and smiling and blushing all at once (which I think is totally adorable) and you're probably shaking your head to yourself, wondering how you landed such a dork (a cute dork though if I may add). Kidding. Maybe. Okay, I'm kidding a little bit.

I'm sorry I brought up all of the sad stuff before. This is supposed to be a love letter and I'm not doing a very good job at it. I'm trying to let it all lead up to the main part of this letter, which I have already stated previously, but not in the detail I'd like to:

I love you.

I love you so so so much, babe. You are everything to me. You danced with me that homecoming night to Africa by Toto (you know the best songs baby) and you saved my life in Berlin. That was heading towards something sad again, sorry. But you are EVERYTHING. I can't believe you love me the way you do and I can't believe I have such a gorgeous fiancee and I really can't believe that you're in a room somewhere in this hotel, wearing a white dress I haven't seen on you yet.

I can't wait until I can see you later today. I can't wait until I can kiss you. I can't wait until I can call you my wife and we can start over and live until death do us part (Did I get sad again? Sorry! But death is inevitable - remember, that's what you said to me when I was mad that Luke Skywalker died! Even though you were just as mad... and Jedi shouldn't die that easy...).

I bet you're beautiful (and when aren't you). I bet you're nervous (me too). And I bet that you're crying by now because you're always really emotional when it comes to romantic things (that's okay, me too).

Write me back, babe. It's been sixteen hours since I've seen you. I miss you so much. The next four hours couldn't go by slower.

Love you FUTURE husband,

(very very very near future)

Ned

You sniffed and looked up from the pad of hotel stationary paper. Michelle stood in front of you, looking gorgeous in a gold gown. She smiled her normal, kind smile and held out the pad of paper and ink pen from your own hotel room. You took them.

"You did read the letter then, huh?" you asked, sniffing and dabbing at your eyes with the back of your hand.

She looked up. "Um... maybe. Maybe I did, maybe I didn't." She shrugged. "Hey! Don't dab at your eyes like that. Your mom and May will kill you if you screw up your makeup already."

"Oh." You looked at the back stains on the back of your hand. "Oops."

"Sit down and write your love letter," she said. "I'll have Peter in here to deliver it as soon as you're done."

"Thanks, MJ," you said.

She walked out of the hotel room, shutting it behind her. You gently lowered yourself and your floor length, silk white gown to the office chair. You uncapped the pen with your teeth, staining it with your lipstick. You began.

Ned...

//

part two? maybe if y'all want