I Hope They Remember You (part twelve) | Peter Parker (TH)

hey y'all if updates slow just know it's because my life is sort of in shatters rn so i don't know what to do and am kind of overwhelmed and my anxiety is so painfully high - but anyway, i am really excited for infinity war and want to write this because i like this storyline a lot!

//

"Dad!" you shouted, running over to him. 

He took off his mask. "What is it? Are you hurt?" he asked. 

"No," you said, looking behind you to make sure Peter was there. You grabbed his hand and looked back up to your dad. "He's here."

"Who?" 

"Thanos," you gasped. 

As if on cue, a flash of purple drew everyone's attention to one spot. A tall, large purple figure stepped out of what looked like a portal-

And smiled. 

The fighting ceased and everyone looked at the new arrival. Peter squeezed your hand, stepping closer to you, his jaw set. You noticed that your fingers were trembling violently against his; anxiety racked through your body, chilling you to the bone.

"And who," the figure spoke for the first time, his voice loud, "might this group be?"

"We're the the Avengers," your dad answered. 

"And the Guardians of the Galaxy," Quill added. 

The figure, so much more horrifying than you had ever imagined - Thanos (you were finally admitting to yourself that it was him), chuckled lowly. "Yes, yes. Of course. Defenders of the Earth and beyond."

"And who are you, you over sized raisin?" your dad asked. 

Peter gave your dad a funny look.

"Thanos," he said. His eyes shifted to Gamora. "Of course, you should know that. Hello, my daughter."

"I'm not your daughter," she snapped. Behind her, Nebula stepped up. 

"We aren't," she hissed.

Thanos shook his head. "If you came back to me, you will be granted a chance at life. I will be willing to forgive you for all you have done to wrong me-"

"No," Nebula said. 

"Screw you," Gamora added.

Quill smiled and leaned over to Peter. "That's my girlfriend," he whispered. "She's so freaking hot, it's crazy."

Peter gave him a funny look, too.

"Look, Thanos," your dad said, "I don't know what you're thinking, but this is the end of the road. I know what you're after. I know you want the infinity stones. I know you want to end the world. I know-"

"And I will do all of that," he said. He grinned. "You humans... you think you can defeat me. You are wrong." He stepped closer. "In time, you will know what it is like to lose," he said. "To feel so desperately that you're right, then to fail all the same."

"So, what?" Quill asked. "You kill everyone?"

"No," Thanos said. "Not everyone. When I'm done, half of humanity will still exist. The universe will be perfectly balanced as all things should be."

"No," you said, stepping forward. "You are wrong."

Thanos looked at you. "I am wrong?"

"Yes," you said. 

"___, don't," Peter said under his breath, gripping your hand with both hands. "Don't-"

Thanos chuckled. "Just a little girl, huh?"

"You are wrong," you repeated. You shook Peter's hand off of you and stepped out in front of your dad. Stress rolled off of him in waves that you could almost feel. "You think we won't stop you, but we will. There are so many people against you, people with special-"

"And what is your power?" he asked. 

You fell silent, pressing your fists against your legs. You bit your lip. 

"I can feel it," he said, stepping closer to you. "You radiate the same energy that they do." He gestured to the army of things behind him. "How? How did you..." He smiled. "You have their venom in your blood. Yes... I can see it in your eyes. So you know how this story will end. You will be dead before the final chapter. So why fight me? Join me, and maybe you can be saved."

"No," you said. 

"Then die," he said. 

You crumbled to the ground, as if on his command. Your gut was on fire and then your blood, then your nerves - and you screamed. 

"___, ___!" Peter shouted. You felt hands on your sides and arms, pulling you onto your back. "___, hey, hey - I'm here. I'm here. ___?" You heard his breath. "What are you doing to her? Stop! Stop, don't-"

"Hey, hey, listen," your dad said. Even in the state you were in, you recognized the voice he was using. He was pretending to be calm. It was the same tone he used ten years ago when he said goodbye to you before battling Loki. 

I'll be back soon, baby. Everything is going to be okay. This... this isn't as big as the other stuff I've faced. We don't even need to say goodbye. I'll see you soon.  

"Listen, Thanos," your dad continued, "we get it. You want a fresh start for space or whatever. Fine. We'll fight, though. And I will beat you."

"We all will," Quill said. 

"But not here," he finished. "Just... let her go."

You screamed against your fist, your teeth biting into your skin so hard that it drew blood. Peter worked on prying it away, whispering your name in your ear, adding please, please don't, please listen to me, hey, I am right here, can you feel me?, I'm here I am with you I am holding you stop screaming please don't oh please stop she's hurting-

You started to cry, hating yourself for it. You were so weak. The one time you needed to be strong, and you can't be. You didn't understand it-

You hated yourself.

"Fine," Thanos said, "but you are only delaying the inevitable." The pain stopped at once, and you were gasping at the absence of agony. "You will all die. Dread it, run from it, destiny still arrives." 

Your eyes opened and you saw Peter. He cupped your face with one hand and used the other to stroke your hair. His eyes were watery and full of terror. "___," he whispered, "___, please talk to me. Talk to me, please..." He touched his forehead to yours. His warm breath washed across your face. You wept quietly, holding him against you. "It's okay, it's okay. I'm here."

"The end is near," Thanos finished.