Best Thing I Never Knew I Needed | Peter Parker (TH)

combined two requests and two movies for this one. this was requested by DolanQuackson23 and caucasity678 - slightly inspired by two songs from beauty and the beast and princess and the frog

//

"I've got a mission for you, kid," Tony said, sitting on the couch opposite you and Peter.

You and Peter, who were sitting on the same sofa - with about four feet between you both.

"Oh, cool," you said at the same time Peter said it. You both glared at one another. 

"Which kid?" you asked.

"Uh, both of you, actually," Tony said. "And yes, you gotta get along."

You groaned.

It was no secret that you and Peter didn't get along. He was annoying, unprofessional, and constantly wanted to be an Avenger. He couldn't seem to understand that you had to work for the title of Earth's Mightiest Heroes, and that it was a serious title, not just one to match with your favorite Avengers.

You couldn't respect him, couldn't like him, and you couldn't believe that you were about to go on a mission with him.

"Mr. Stark, can I just-" Peter started.

"No, no, no, no," Tony said, holding up a hand. "Zip it, Parker. Zip it, ___. No complaining. We've got some of those weapons that Adrian Toomes had been smuggling a couple of years ago being smuggled out again. I need you kids to do some undercover work."

"Does it have to be undercover?" you asked.

"No," he said, "but it does have to be together, because this is dangerous."

"I think I can handle it alone," Peter said. "I was able to take care of Vulture-"

"You almost died, Peter," Tony said. "And this mission is going to show me if you both can handle being on a team. You want to be an Avenger? Get used to working with people you don't like."

"It's not like I don't like her..." Peter mumbled, but you were already standing up and walking out of the room. He sighed and shook his head, staring up at the ceiling

...

"Alright, where should we start?" he asked you.

You were tying your hair back with a scrunchie. You blinked up at him through the black outline of your mask. "Tony sent you a file of leads. Why don't you look through them real quick?"

"Oh.. sure. He didn't send them to you?" he asked.

"No," you said. He hummed and started to shift through them. "Don't."

"Don't what?" he asked. 

"The noise you made. Don't act all high and mighty because you got the-"

"I'm not acting like anything," he said, rolling his eyes beneath the mask. He shifted through the files. "Okay, whatever. I'm not going to... even try with you." He inhaled. "Uh... we can check the warehouse down on Third Street. Most bad guys made lairs out of warehouses anyway. C'mon." He swung on a web and you followed through, the hoverboard that appeared on your feet allowing you to follow him through the air.