I Hope They Remember You (part twenty-six) | Peter Parker (TH)

alright change of plans again. i didn't know that the LA premier was tonight so i will be leaving at ten pm probably (by leaving i mean i won't open up any messages/notifications from y'all). i will be gone until Friday evening, when i will open up a discussion chapter, share my outfit for the evening, my thoughts on the movie, and discuss the deaths we will all have to grieve through :(.

there will be another update tonight, two updates tomorrow, and the final part will be posted on Wednesday.

as excited as i am to hear your feedback on this story as we near the conclusion in chapter thirty, i will refrain from reading/responding for the sake of potential spoilers. please be patient as you wait for me to reply to posts, comments, and messages.

thanks y'all!

//

Peter had officially gone through the moment with you holding his hand and when you both babysat Groot together. He felt as if he was walking through a movie of his life.

He really hoped the upcoming ending would be better than the last.

On the grassy field in Wakanda, Peter's fingers trembled. He hated this. He hated reliving this. He hated the chance of having to try again to save you.

He had to say goodbye again.

"___," Peter whispered, struggling to slip the mask on over his face.

"Peter," you said, not looking at him, "you need to prepare yourself. Any minute now-"

"No, I know - I-I am ready, I just need... I need-" He stopped, sighed, and knelt down on the ground in front of you. "I need to say goodbye."

"What?"

"I know-" He winced. Crap, he hated hurting you even more now.

"You literally just told me that you were going to delay us saying goodbye for as long as possible," you said. Your voice broke in the exact same place as before as you said, "You said to me-"

"I know what I said," he said, grabbing your hand. "And I did. I did delay it as long as possible. Look around us, ___ - we are in the middle of a war. This is the end of our life."

"No," you whispered. "No, you - you said-"

"And you believed that me saying it would change things?"

You dropped your head. "No," you said. "I just hoped."

"I know," he said. "I know. We might still have time. This fight might not go the way we think. We could win, we could. But just in case... in case we don't... I-I just need you to know that you are... you are everything I have ever hoped for. You are so amazing, ___. I want you to know that I will do everything I can to keep you safe. You don't need to tell me that I don't have to do that, that you're dying anyway. I don't care. I don't want anything to rob us of the time we can still have together. But if this is it..."

He wanted to say more. He was brave enough to say more now, but he couldn't. He had to stay with the story.

"Don't say it, Peter," you whispered. "Please... I won't be able to think or fight if you say it-"