Everything Will Work Out | Peter Parker (TH)

around 100 people voted again, and the winner was part two of One Day, which was the one i was most excited about writing, but i might write both... might. if enough of y'all want a series out of Reoccuring Nightmare, i will seriously consider it :)

this older!peter x reader was requested by TheGalaxyNarwhale

//

Peter didn't tell you he was going to Mr. Stark's. If you had woken up, he would have lied and said it was his spidey senses keeping him up, but he left at one in the morning, when you were in a deep sleep.

Peter parked in front of Stark tower and hurried to the front door. He wore Converse and pajama pants with an old t-shirt from college. His hair was probably a mess (he didn't bother to check). He knocked on the door and FRIDAY let it open, alerting Mr. Stark that Peter was coming in.

Tony walked in, a tool in his hand. He held his arms out. "What's up with you, kid?" He pretended to be annoyed that Peter had shown up in the middle of the night (his favorite time to work) but he was actually happy to see the kid he had grown to love over the years.

"I need you," Peter said, sounding more like a child than a twenty-three year old.

Tony furrowed his eyebrows. "Everything okay?"

"Do you think... do you think my powers are going to affect the baby?" he asked, slightly breathless.

Tony blinked, taken aback by the question. When you had found out you were pregnant, Peter had called Tony and was gushing with excitement. He was nothing like the torn up, emotional boy in front of him now.

"How would your powers affect the baby?" he asked.

"I don't - I don't know," he said. He scratched his head, making his hair more wild. "The venom from that spider gave me powers that became a part of me. I got stronger and couldn't control my own strength. What if the baby hurts her?"

"I don't think-" he started, but he paused. "We can run some tests, kid. We can see if it's genetic. But even if it is, it doesn't mean it'll hurt her." He waved Peter forward, so Peter kicked off his shoes and followed him to the labs. "Has she complained about pain? How far along is she, anyway?"

"No, just... just normal stuff. But the baby's arms and legs haven't even developed yet. What if when they do...?"

He turned towards Peter. "I'm not a doctor," he said. "I can't give you the results you want, probably-"

"I just want your help, Mr. Stark," he whispered. "Yours. You're... you're the only one that really knows how much she means to me." He raised his arms and dropped them in defeat. "If this baby kills her, or if the baby doesn't make it because of my powers... I don't-" He couldn't finish.

Tony didn't say another word, just put him through tests. For hours, he was poked and prodded and scanned and Peter was a worried mess.

"How does ___ feel about the pregnancy?" he asked him.

"Oh she's... she's excited." Peter grinned, his eyes twinkling as he spoke about you. "She's so much happier. Bright and warm and just... full of hope."

"She seemed like the mom type," he said.

Peter nodded. "She wants me to quit being Spider-Man. Doesn't want our kid to grow up knowing one day his or her dad won't come home."

"And what do you think about that?" he asked.

"I don't want to hurt her," he said, "or the baby. I don't want to put her in a place where she has to raise our kid on her own."

"So?"

Peter took in a deep breath. "So I'm quitting. There's this kid like me. His name is Miles and actually, he's stronger than I am. He wants to take care of Brooklyn and Queens and I'm letting him, because I want to be a dad. I want to be a better husband."

Tony smiled. "I'm glad you're quitting. I wasn't going to pressure you or anything, 'cause I'm not your dad, but the smart thing to do is just be a husband."

"You did the same for Pepper," he said.

"I did do the same for Pepper. And Shuri is a great Iron Woman. It's crazy how smart she is."

"Yeah," he agreed. "Can you see... results?" He jerked to the sample of blood Tony took.

"Sure can," he said. He blew out of his lips as he grabbed a couple of tools to closely examine the sample of blood. "If we knew the species of spider that bit you, it would be easier."

"Yeah," he said. He pulled his lip between his teeth and chewed on it. He pulled his sleeves down and yanked on them, nerves wracking his body.

"Kid," Mr. Stark said. "Stop."

Peter shook his head, tears appearing in his eyes. "If I make her sick-"

"I think you're fine," he said. "Your blood is different but it won't kill her two have half of this in the baby she's carrying-"

Peter closed his eyes, holding in his breath of relief. "And the baby? Will he be okay?"

"He?" Tony asked.

"We don't know what the baby is. I just have a feeling."

"Well, unless you test the baby, you can't know for sure. I'm sorry, kid. I wish I could give you a straight answer."

Peter nodded. "It's okay. She'll be okay, right? And if we keep the baby healthy best we can, he'll be okay?"

"I think so," Tony said. He put his hand on Peter's shoulder and squeezed, glancing over him. "Kid, I used to think you were a giant pain in my side from the moment I recruited you. Maybe it's my old age now, but you are family. I'm here for you, no matter what happens."

Peter smiled softly. "Thanks, Mr. Stark."

He squeezed his shoulder again, thinking of the boy that once screamed at him for not being there, the kid that cried for help when he was dying, the kid that became the son he always wanted.

"Get home before your wife calls me and demands to know where you are," he said.

Peter nodded and got up, then stopped. "Do you still have a tracker on me?" he asked.

"No way," Tony lied. "I would never."

He snickered. "Thanks, Mr. Stark. I'll see you."

"See you, kid." He smiled as he left. "I'll keep studying up on this, but relax. I think everything is going to work out."

Peter turned, nodded, and then left the room.

Tony settled in. He knew he wouldn't rest until he could be sure that yours and Peter's baby would be okay.