I Hope They Remember You (part one) | Peter Parker (TH)

okay y'all here it is. this is going to be super long so there's no need to request anymore parts. this is a spoiler free infinity war series. it will end on april 27th, and after april 27th, i will be posting infinity war imagines (with spoiler warnings, of course) so no need to worry about getting the movie ruined for you. 

special thanks to everyone who requested and gave ideas. 

//

You stood on a balcony of Stark Tower, feeling the breeze of the night blow strands of your hair right across your face. You took in a deep breath, feeling the ends of your panic attack ebb away. You put your elbows on the concrete ledge and leaned forward, hands cupping your face and propping it up. You closed your eyes. 

The door behind you opened. You didn't have to look to know it was your father. He shut the door and walked over to you. He stood to your right, not touching you, just watching. 

"You're going to be okay, kid," he said. 

You didn't respond, just turned away from him, one elbow on the concrete, the other arm falling to your side. You stared out at the lights in the distance. 

"I know things seem hard right now. Trust me, I know everything about you." He took a step closer. If you leaned back, your back would be touching his chest. "But you're barely started. This isn't it for you. I know you, and you've got so much ahead."

You tried to laugh, but it came out more like a choke of pain. You pressed your lips together, shaking your head. The wind picked up faster. You kept shaking your head. "Then you know you have a total failure for a daughter," you said. Your voice cracked and you mentally cursed yourself. You hated being weak. 

"___ Stark," your father scolded, one hand finally touching your shoulder. "You are not a failure. I mean - I have done so many things in my life, but I am without a doubt proudest of you. I worked so hard for all of this, but I didn't have to, because I would have been this content just by having you. You are my greatest accomplishment."

You shook your head and lowered it, trying not to cry. "I haven't done anything."

"Exactly," he said. "You've got so much ahead."

"I don't," you said. "I am eighteen years old, Dad. I'm eighteen and haven't done anything. I got into college, but I'm not doing great. I'm not doing anything any father would be proud of, let alone Tony Stark."

"You could drop out of college right now and live at home for the rest of your life, and I would still be proud of you." He spoke softly, surely. His hand fell down your arm and he leaned in, pressing a kiss to the top of your head. "I am proud of you for everything you do. I'll give you time. Come inside before too long, though. I'll make you coffee."

You nodded, still not looking at him. He sighed and stepped away. You heard the pats of his shoes against the floor and the sliding of the door. Before he stepped inside, he turned to you and spoke to the back of your head. 

"No matter what they say, or what you do, I am proud of you," he said. "I am."

He shut the door and you turned towards the ledge completely and fell against it, bursting into tears. Your body shook as your held your face. Your heart hurt so badly that you wondered when it would ever stop. It felt like you were stuck in a never-ending loop of pain and doubt and sadness. 

You weren't growing. You weren't getting smarter. You had no friends and no future. You'd never even been looked at by a boy, and because of that, you doubted if you really were as pretty as your dad said. Was he just saying that because he was your dad? Because in all of your years of high school and months of university, you hadn't been noticed once. 

(Not that you needed a boy right now, but it would be nice to have one. Someone to talk to. Who liked the way you were, who wanted to see you again and again...)

All of your father's businessmen and workers wondered what you were doing with your life. It was like they needed to know exactly how much smarter you were compared to Tony Stark. You were too ashamed to admit that you were nine months into a college education you didn't want, with grades so poor you were sure you wouldn't be able to ever recover. You weren't good at science or math like your dad was. You weren't particularly good at anything else, either. 

You struggled day after day to make your father proud and it was taking a toll on you. You had never been so hurt, so sick, and so lost. You weren't sure how much longer you could stand living this life. 

You dried your face and then turned towards the door. Your dad was in the kitchen, back against the counter, sipping coffee from a mug. He saw you and pushed another mug to the end of the counter. You picked it up. It was creamy, and the scent of your favorite creamer rose into your nose. You smiled a little and took a sip. 

"You've got... so much in store for you," he said, licking coffee off of his upper lip. He looked down at you. "You have no idea how far you're going to go."

"Dad," you whispered, "I don't know if I can do this."

"I know. But you can," he said. "I wouldn't say that if I didn't believe it. You know I'm not one to say things without meaning." He smiled. 

You smiled, too. "What about you?" you asked. "What are you going to do about Steve and the others?" 

His smile vanished. "I didn't know the Avengers would be over so soon," he admitted. "But I'll figure it out. I've got someone I'm looking into recruiting." 

You put your mug down. "Who is it?"

"Uh..." He held up his arm and tapped the watch on his wrist. A holographic video of a kid - an actual kid - in a red and blue suit, looking ridiculous, but stopping a bus, played. 

"Whoa," you said. 

"His name is Peter Parker," he said. The video vanished. "He is fifteen years old and lives in Queens. And he has somehow been granted the super powers of a spider. Calls himself the... Spider-ling or something."

"Super powers of a spider?" you asked. You snorted. "Spiders don't have super powers."

Your dad held up his hands. "Hey, I didn't say it made sense." You even laughed a little. "I have to go get him soon, though. I think we'll need him." He looked up and around the now almost empty Stark Tower. It had seemed more than lonely lately. "Don't worry though. We'll figure it out. Who knows, maybe this kid is what we need."

"Yeah," you agreed, nodding. "Maybe he is."